SSID Filter on Template LEVEL

Radhe23
New here

SSID Filter on Template LEVEL

Hello Experts,

Need suggestion, LIke I Have 5 network Bind with one Template and I have 3 SSID on the template,

but now I want to create one more SSID but want to enable this new SSID only for one network not for all 5.

How to do that Please help me by steps "

3 Replies 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Radhe23,

That is not possible using template binding. You will need to unbind the network in question if you want it to have a different set of SSID's than the other networks. 

But be careful if you do that! When you unbind a network it will revert to the configuration it had at the time you originally bound it. This means that you could potentially lose A LOT of settings if you're not careful. I usually suggest you build a new network and ensure it has all the settings you want, then move the hardware over to the new network when you're ready. 

"That is not possible using template binding. You will need to unbind the network in question if you want it to have a different set of SSID's than the other networks. "

This is an incorrect answer.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configure the new SSID to only work on specific tagged APs.  Then just tag those APs on the one site that you want that one SSID to be visible.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Other_Topics/Using_Tags_to_Broadcast_SSIDs_from_Specific_APs 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels