Password not working on edge of network

TheOtherGuy
New here

Password not working on edge of network

Hi, I have just set up my lab as my home network and though everything works great in the main room, outside isn’t so great. Coverage is poor, my old ISP provided router gave better coverage, but the strangest thing is iPhones cant connect on the edge of the network. They keep getting an incorrect password message. 

Any ideas.

8 REPLIES 8
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

What signal strength is the iphone reporting? There are probably other apps, but there seems to be an app called airport utility that should allow you to see it.

Hi thanks for the reply.

In the bedroom (problematic area) its in the mid 70s but if I walk out of the door it jumps to the mid 40s.

Many thanks

Sounds like your apple device is doing the old blacklist of the BSSID because X criteria matches. I know apple does it but i can't remember what the trigger is (plus it depends on ios version etc.)

Check the wireless logs on the device and see if that is whats happening:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What Meraki device are you using for your WiFi?

@TheOtherGuy 

1. What authentication method have you setup on the wireless network. 
  2. Can any other wireless devives apart from iPhones connect?

Hi, Thanks for replying.

I am using WPA2-PSK.

Other devices seem to have no issue connecting. For instance, my laptop (which I am using right now in the bedroom) is connected, but neither of my Iphones will connect. Both give an incorrect password message. Leave the room and they connect immediately.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. I am using an MR32 AP. connected to an MX64 and a MS220.

Many thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using an MR32 AP. connected to an MX64 and a MS220.

Many thanks
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels