MS425 stack

Slobs2
Getting noticed

MS425 stack

Hello all. I am in the process of moving layer 3 interfaces from my old core switch to 2 stacked 425s. I am also moving all the fiber connections to the 425 stack, with aggregates to each edge switch at 10G. So I have one edge switch (an HP Procurve) connected to the stack. I have an aggregate created connected to port 12 on each stack member back to the edge switch. I have double checked that the edge switch’s port config matches the stack but I can only get one of the two members of the aggregate to come up. Previously, this edge switch was connected via 1G SFPs and multi mode to the old core via an aggregate. Any thoughts are greatly appreciate. 

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your fibre OM3 or OM4?

The cable plant is OM1 (62.5/125) and so are the patch cords. Oddly enough, one of the two aggregates is up and working. Using the same cables as the one that is not working.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've tried running 10Gbe over OM1.  It didn't go well.  I got the link lights to stand up, and the circuit worked a lot of the time, but would often fail under heavy load.

I would abort now.

Either get 1000BaseSX SFP's or upgrade to OM4 fibre.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels