MV 4.8 Beta - Now Latency HLS!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MV 4.8 Beta - Now Latency HLS!

It's been asked for a long time - I see the new MV 4.8 firmware says it now supports low latency HLS.

New

• Support for low latency HLS
  • Support for MT Sensors
  • Improved color fidelity and accuracy (MV12/MV22/MV72/MV22X/MV72X)
  • Improved auto white balance accuracy (MV12/MV22/MV72/MV22X/MV72X)
  • Reduction in color and dark region noise (MV12/MV22/MV72/MV22X/MV72X)
  • Significant dynamic range improvements for HDR mode

Bug fixes

• Resolved an issue where image setting changes would not successfully apply on 2nd generation cameras
  • Resolved an issue with historical video playback on iOS and Safari

General

• General stability and performance improvements
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I tested the low latency support using Chrome 85.0.4183.121 on Windows 10 using an MV21 - and I can't notice any difference.  None.

Hopefully, it works on the second generation cameras.

I have tested on MacOS 10.14.6 using Safari 13.0.5 and don't get any live playback now and historical playback is still broken for me. 

Firefox 80.0.1 I do get playback but it takes longer than normal to appear, historical works as expected. 

I'm trying to find out which browsers support low latency HLS, but it is not obvious.  For example, I find documents indicatinging Chrome has support - but I can't find which version to figure if it is available in the production versions.

This is as much as I have found relating to Apple products an ALHLS. Cannot find anything in relation to MacOS.

"Support for low-latency HLS is available in tvOS 13 beta, but not iOS & iPadOS 13 beta."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.