Meraki

Nilton_Mendes
New here

Meraki

Hi,

On 2018, the company I work for purchased an 3 yers Advanced Security license
for the Meraki MX250 from a vendor. We didn't activate it on the equipment because the project stopped. today we intend to reactivate the project, we requested the license from the supplier and he replied that the license can no longer be activated because it has expired. what I want to know is if the license not activated loses validity??? thanks!

Regards
4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Nilton_Mendes in co-term expiry organisations (the only option until recently) the license starts from the date it is delivered, there is no such thing as activation.

What you should have done (had you known) was to cancel the license and re-order now, however what I would now do in your position is speak to the reseller and ask that if you order a new license that he gets some extra time added to cover the lost period.  I doubt you'll get the whole 3 years but it's definitely worth asking, remember that the longer you order, the more free years you get, sometimes up to order 5 and get 10.

Thanks, dear CRM.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you get in quick some Meraki AMs are signing off on a 5 for 3 year deal on licenses before their end of year.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Nilton_Mendes @End of the year you will get more discount, go and quick purchase of the licenses 😊

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels