Issue with MX68

yellowHat
New here

Issue with MX68

Hello

I'm using an MX68 with the firmware 16.14.

I had some customers report that they were unable to communicate between the devices under the MX68 on the same vlan network.

After doing some investigation and also asking Meraki Support team, we found that the APR request from the devices under the MX68 were not working as they should.

We still haven't decided whether to send back the MXs to Cisco.

Has anyone got the same issue? If there are any workarounds I'd appreciate that information!

4 REPLIES 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Never heard or experienced something like that and it definitely shouldn't happen. On the other hand, without knowing the specific bells and whistles within your setup, it's quite hard to give an educated guess.

What exactly did TAC tell you? Possible faulty unit? Maybe, so it'd be worth a try.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have a ton of these deployed and not had this issue reported.  As @CptnCrnch  states this could be a single faulty unit.

was the issue resolved, firmware downgrade perhaps?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What did you see exactly? On the same vlan arp should just work between clients without interference of the mx.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Can you be more specific or give an example of the problem?  It is pretty vague what you wrote so I don't think anyone can offer help with just that.

What type of clients?  What testing methodology? What troubleshooting was done?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels