Converting MPLS Transport Environment to Full WWW Environment

Rifa
New here

Converting MPLS Transport Environment to Full WWW Environment

We have a branch enviontment as follows:

A. 50 Branches:

Connected with single MPLS transport (256 Kbps) for corporate communication.

DIA with separate ADSL internet connection. (only for public internet, unsecured and exposed)

B. 150 Branches:

Connected with single MPLS transport (256 Kbps) for corporate communication.

No internet.

Is it feasible to convert this environment as follows with MX and Auto VPN/SD-WAN solution?

AX. 50 Branches:

Connected with single internet transport for corporate communication.

DIA with separate internet connection. (only for internet, secured and filtered)

BX. 150 Branches:

Connected with single internet transport for corporate communication.

Strictly internet access fully blocked.

Looking for your suggestions.

3 Replies 3
WilliamQin
Getting noticed

Hi Rifa.

About Meraki SD-WAN is based Multiple WAN links(DIA), if you have not two WAN Links(DIA), only one WAN link(DIA), I think you cannot make SD-WAN,  meraki SD-WAN  and MPLS link have not relation,The SD-WAN only can make two WAN (DIA) links, you cannot chooes MPLS link as you sd-wan, The SD-WAN based two wan (DIA), if you have two wan, you can configure Auto vpn base two wan(DIA)links Line real-time quality configure SD-WAN, you also can make base application and traffic type configure sd-wan,SD-WAN There are some parameters,for instance, link delay,Jitter, packet loss rate,etc... According to the defined parameters, select the appropriate line to send packets.

i hope usefull fo you .

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes.  If you are keeping the MPLS, you will need to use the AutoVPN over MPLS design.  This document discusses this scenario:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Configuring_Site-to-site_VPN_over_MPLS

Otherwise it will just be a simple AutoVPN over Internet setup.  For the sites you don't want to have any Internet access you can choose to make them use a "full tunnel" which sends all traffic back to the "hub" site.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-site_VPN_Settings#Hub_Type

All is feasible and I recommend SD-WAN deployments.  As Phillip has stated, Auto-VPN has to be used over MPLS connections feeding back to a HUB MX for MPLS connected sites.  Auto-VPN with DIA can be achieved for Internet-only sites.

You can then achieve a mixture of HUB/Spoke and Full mesh topology if required.

DIA FTW!

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels