Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client VPN on Beta MX 15.14

Highlighted
Here to help

Client VPN on Beta MX 15.14

Hi

Just want to share that Client VPN from Apple IoS / Windows 10 is not working on MX65W and beta MX15.14.

Downgrading to MX 14.39 solved the problem.

Br John

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Client VPN on Beta MX 15.14

Thanks for the heads up. Could you describe what wasn't working?

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

There was a change to stronger ciphers at some point, and the removal of DES.

I wonder if that was it.

At what point does it fail?  Do you get to enter a username/password?  Does it come back with an error message?

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Mmm, I could definitely see older clients being unhappy at being asked for stronger ciphers. In reading the patch notes, that looks like it applies to site-to-site tunnels? "The DES encryption algorithm is no longer supported for use in formation of VPN tunnels." If I recall correctly, the existing client VPN defaults to 3DES already... no DES involved.

There's also this under known issues: "client VPN users cannot communicate across non-Meraki VPN tunnels"

So uh, personally, looks like I'm really unlikely to be using 15 until the beta gets less beta-y.

Highlighted
Here to help

Hi.

Yes, I got username / password prompt on both IOS/ and Windows 10 devices. However it never allow access just timeout.

I have tried with two account on Merkia (1 with MFA and 1 regularly) did not have any impact. Sune after downgrade to latest stable version it works again. I did not see any information in log files on Meraki.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.