Cellular signal strength

elementour
Conversationalist

Cellular signal strength

Is there a way to find cellular signal strength in the form of a decibel value from the Meraki MX65 ? I find it a bit crazy that there doesn't seem to be anymore information than the connecting, ready and active states.

cheers

6 REPLIES 6
BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

Not that I am aware directly from the dashboard. There may be something in an API call available, but I haven't looked through it all. Or if your cell modem has an IP interface, you could try that.

BHC Resorts IT Department

@BHC_RESORTS wrote:

Not that I am aware directly from the dashboard. There may be something in an API call available, but I haven't looked through it all. Or if your cell modem has an IP interface, you could try that.

Unfortunately I do not believe there is any way to pull this info through the API.  We pull all of the cellular info that we can through the API, and it only tells us if it’s connected, type of connection (i.e. 4G), model of modem, and IP.

That's what I was afraid of. Some cell modems have an IP interface...probably the best bet. Or a full Cradlepoint setup.
BHC Resorts IT Department

You can do this now through the api.
{'interface': 'Cellular', 'status': 'Ready', 'ip': 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', 'provider': 'xxx', 'model': 'xxxx', 'signal': 'csq 21,99', 'connectionType': '4G'}

Sorry forgot to include the API call

GET /networks/[networkId]/devices/[serial]/uplink

That's awesome!  That's got to be relatively new in the API, because it definitely wasn't there before.  Good to know!  Thank you!

@jumbalaya09 wrote:

You can do this now through the api.
{'interface': 'Cellular', 'status': 'Ready', 'ip': 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', 'provider': 'xxx', 'model': 'xxxx', 'signal': 'csq 21,99', 'connectionType': '4G'}

Sorry forgot to include the API call

GET /networks/[networkId]/devices/[serial]/uplink

Keeping up with our pace of development, in API space, can be difficult.

Try keeping an eye out, here:  https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/whats-new/

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels