Meraki Support

Phil1
Here to help

Meraki Support

Hi Everyone,

Was just seeing if it just me or does it take a very long time to get through to the Meraki Support when calling. Based in Australia we call the Australian number and the last few times I have been waiting for over 30 minutes. Currently I am on hold and its been 42 minutes and counting. Is this everyones normal experience when calling them?

We are currently under a evaluation license and getting concerned if this is the normal wait time to discuss a issue that has already been raised.

10 REPLIES 10
Adoos
Building a reputation

Did you try raising high severity issue via the dashboard? Phone support is normally pretty good.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The problem is the call centre uses KPI's based on call averages, which means 50% of your customers could be getting bad service and you wouldn't know.

I think they should report on the second standard deviation of 95%. Then you really do know what the experience of most of your customers is.

sttaylo2
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Phil,

Meraki support do take the hold time of customers very seriously.

We have been making adjustments to the call queuing we use which was causing some customers to be kept on hold longer than we had intended.

This has since been resolved and we are closely monitoring the hold times of users across the world to ensure this behaviour has been resolved.

I called about a month ago from NZ and hold time was low although the person I spoke to have a thick accent and was hard to understand at times.

Hey team, thanks for raising the concern and the comments. Not to be Captain Obvious or anything, but Meraki Support does take hold time very seriously and these statistics are carefully tracked over various time frames. We even have large call queue display boards as a constant and immediate reminder that nobody likes to be on hold. It sounds like the original issue has been worked out, I've never heard of a typical wait time over 30 minutes. Also Blake that's bound to happen from time to time where we just cannot understand a thick accent that well. Don't be shy about asking for the case to be re-queued to the next available Support Engineer, or just tell them you'll have to call back when time permits and call back into the support # and the next available NSE picks up. Those things happen and neither side takes it personally. 🙂

@MerakiDave wrote:
Hey team, thanks for raising the concern and the comments. Not to be Captain Obvious or anything, but Meraki Support does take hold time very seriously and these statistics are carefully tracked over various time frames. We even have large call queue display boards as a constant and immediate reminder that nobody likes to be on hold. It sounds like the original issue has been worked out, I've never heard of a typical wait time over 30 minutes. Also Blake that's bound to happen from time to time where we just cannot understand a thick accent that well. Don't be shy about asking for the case to be re-queued to the next available Support Engineer, or just tell them you'll have to call back when time permits and call back into the support # and the next available NSE picks up. Those things happen and neither side takes it personally. 🙂

@MerakiDave Not to be Captain Obvious but shouldn't agents with thick accents that are difficult to understand be relegated to e-mail support only? I too have called in and had to say pardon, can you please speak more clearly, not mumble, etc. over and over again on various calls. I hate being put in the position of having to say so. The premium Meraki charges for their licensing should provide for support agents we can actually reach in a timely fashion and when we do finally reach one they should be easily understood.

CHARTER
Forward, Together

I've generally found creating a case through the portal first, then calling in with an existing ticket helps with my hold times, not sure if just by chance, or if since it is an existing case it gets higher priority.  I did sit on hold for 45 minutes recently as noted here, was the longest I've ever had to wait, and of course, the flaky network issue I needed help with had long since passed.

@sttaylo2 wrote:

Hi Phil,

Meraki support do take the hold time of customers very seriously.

We have been making adjustments to the call queuing we use which was causing some customers to be kept on hold longer than we had intended.

This has since been resolved and we are closely monitoring the hold times of users across the world to ensure this behaviour has been resolved.

@sttaylo2 If Meraki takes hold times seriously please explain to me why my colleague just sat on the phone for over 45 minutes while he waited to speak to Meraki support on behalf of one of our MSP clients? 45 minutes on hold to speak with someone suggest to me Meraki is NOT taking wait times seriously at all during US business hours no less.

CHARTER
Forward, Together
aws_architect
Building a reputation

For me 10 - 15 minutes is usally the waiting time .

Donian
Conversationalist

Hey @Phil1,

Calling Meraki Support has always been really straight-forward for me thankfully. I have called mostly on weekdays at around 0600-0900 MST and sometimes after 1800 MST and never waited more than 10 minutes to speak to a representative.

Once I called on a Friday after 1900 MST to inquiry about a matter and my call was answered immediately. I had received great support that addressed all of my concerns. Perhaps if you could try calling at another time you might have more luck.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.