Meraki Go switches?

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Go switches?

I thought it was actually pretty cool that Meraki GO made affordable APs for small businesses but do you think we will ever see 8p or 16p switches as well?  

Enthusiast
9 REPLIES 9
Nash
Kind of a big deal

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@Nash Well I mean in the sense like if I login to Meraki GO will the MS120-8s be viewable from there together with the Go APs or will it be 2 logins? I was saying it in the sense of all in one window.

Enthusiast
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

@kYutobi wrote:

@Nash Well I mean in the sense like if I login to Meraki GO will the MS120-8s be viewable from there together with the Go APs or will it be 2 logins? I was saying it in the sense of all in one window.

No. Meraki Go is a different offering and partners have been told there will be no plans to cross streams 🤣

@kYutobi Meraki and Meraki go are totally different products. The licensing for one wont work on another.

@BlakeRichardson @SoCalRacer I get this guys that they are different which is why I pitched the question if you think they would make a kind of SB switch for the MerakiGO. Kind of like a general question as to what if or any word about it and @jdsilva thanks for the link bro👍 

Enthusiast

@kYutobi  I get you now, yes if they made a small 8 - 16 port POE switch I am sure that would sell, it would have to have very limited features though otherwise it would start stepping on Meraki's toes

So L2 switch with POE and some basic QOS and not much more. The MS120-8 is cheap enough though that its probably not worth it in reality. 

They would be better ditching Meraki Go, improve the current Meraki app and just include some really basic AP's into the Meraki MR product line.

@BlakeRichardson agreed.

Enthusiast
Gjzawada
Conversationalist

Unfortunately I don't really see this being a play for Meraki, it would stomp on a couple other pieces in their portfolio.  A few other people mentioned the MS120 as a low-end Meraki switch, though its not cross-compatible with the mGo gear.  The Cisco SMB switches are really the ones aimed at this type of deployment, like the SG250s and whatnot.  I think having a mGo switch would be nice, if there was a way to get everything on the same app (the big draw to mGo in my opinion), but at that point we're starting to dip our toes into full Meraki anyways.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.