Free CMNA Gear Pack Delivery

SOLVED
pbugnard
Conversationalist

Free CMNA Gear Pack Delivery

I earned my CMNA on October 4th 2021. Since then, I am still waiting for my free CMNA gear pack ... more than 5 months 🤔.

Could someone let me know what's going on and when I can expect receiving it???

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Hi Philippe, 

I had also the same topic...which got solved after I contacted certification of meraki with the following email.

certifications@meraki.com

Just ask back about the status of the delivery and mention the date you have done the CMNA.

hope it helps

Roger 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Hi Philippe, 

I had also the same topic...which got solved after I contacted certification of meraki with the following email.

certifications@meraki.com

Just ask back about the status of the delivery and mention the date you have done the CMNA.

hope it helps

Roger 

Thank you @rwiesmann - I'll do so.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I did the CMNA on the time when there was no kit at all 😥

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
MerryAki
Building a reputation

Hey @Inderdeep 

Firstly: I work for a partner and the profile is set up correctly.

So regarding CMNA variants: That's true for me as well. I also contacted our sales rep a couple of times and had been in contact with the community assistant/s here. Unfortunately as some more time passed, the certification was finally reduced or the kit was finally cancelled. 

I wanted to gain not really the hardware, but knowledge by setting it in a demo env. 

As I already got a couple of switches, MRs but still do not exceed the 12 Device Policy I should be eligible for the license that comes with the CMNA/for eligible partners. But still it was not possible. So currently I got two ,old‘ MX100 which I would love to use for test purposes.

Think that running them w/o a valid license is too dangerous, even in a lab scenario.

I wanted to replace a lab equipment of another vendor bit think I have to utilize Ubiquiti or Mikrotik again, they have a slightly different policy. I mean Ubiquiti is still instable and more for home usages, but often they had features in place other vendors brought quite late. Like the WiFi 6E etc. For Mikrotik Routerboards there are at least licenses available with reduced functionalities and a community-only support (AFAIK). Some do also reflash old Meraki Devices with OpenWRT 🤓

Think that's something in terms of user engagement and enablement Cisco/Meraki should consider. Of course its not meant to be installed in residential spaces, but there might be some things that could be checked regularly: proper certifications/work email and a valid dashboard/device count etc.

Those are just my ideas for the CMNA curriculum 🤣😀

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@pbugnard  Do you work for a partner and meet the eligibility requirements? 

The CMNA promotional equipment is limited to those participants located in the US, Canada, China, European Economic Area, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and Singapore

Hi @BlakeRichardson ,
Yes, I do.

JoeBarattini
Just browsing

Did mine a couple of weeks ago......Looking forward to my tshirt!!

It's a polo, did you end up getting yours?  I took my class around the same time as you.

peto
Getting noticed

Hi, have you received the gear? Or still waiting?

thank you

bkrautner
Here to help

Hi,

I"m still waiting on my gear too, so expect that there is just a horrendous backlog. Completed back on 24 March 2022.

Kind regards,

Bob Krautner

Happy to say I got my kit today. Thanks Meraki for sorting bit out and sending so quickly. 

xaviervalette
Here to help

Hey guys,

I passed my CMNA on April 2022 and I got my gear on August 2022,

You should wait the standard 12 weeks delivery time, and then you can ask to certifications@meraki.com for update on your package,

They should help you,

Xavier

Xavier VALETTE

Hi,

Thanks for that, have emailed them today. Would be nice to get it so I can try resolving a HA issues I'm having with one of my customers as can't test things on their live network.

Kind regards,

Bob Krautner - CMNA

Hello @bkrautner,

Also, I had to update my MerakiPartners information and add my phone number (which is mandatory for the delivery),

Let us know how it goes,

And regarding your HA issues, do not hesitate to open a new thread, we would be happy to help on this too 🙂

Xavier VALETTE

Thanks for that, you were right as I did need to update my details, which I have now done. May wait on the HA issue for now until such time as I can work out exactly how to word it, so I get the right answer. May even draw up a proper diagram to show what we're trying to achieve which will probably make it so much easier to get the desired results.

bkrautner
Here to help

Thanks for all the assistance. Have received my kit now and am a very happy camper.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.