Feature Request: Force Save Configuration

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Feature Request: Force Save Configuration

I am in the midst of configuring a new network, which is a clone of another network.

It is going to be in the same SDWAN topology, and same settings and structure, but simply with a different IP subnet.

Due to customer constraints and control of IP segments, it is not possible to use a Template, and assign IP subnetting from that.

In order to create this new Network, I'll have to remove _all_ configuration from the new Network (static routes, DHCP subnet reservations, etc. in order to simply change the IP segment on Addressing and VLANs page. Afterwards, I can then go ahead to reconfigure all other settings, rather than just having to change a single octet in a few IP adresses. 

Could it be possible to create an "advanced" configuration setting, which would allow experienced users to acknowledge the impacts, and allow one to force Configuration changes?

Note: This has also been submitted to the "Make A Wish"-foundation...

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
1 REPLY 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meanwhile you could use the meraki postman collection for this to request, edit and push  this to the mx.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.