Is the dashboard/api down? On node n72

SOLVED
daniel_abbatt
Getting noticed

Is the dashboard/api down? On node n72

Not getting any response since about 11:00 UK time...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey awesome people,

I can confirm there was some disruption affecting the shards in EMEAR. We are currently still investigating the root cause, but we are seeing most nodes affected restoring now.

Will continue to update you all on the Service Notice I posted. 

Thank you so much!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
daniel_abbatt
Getting noticed

Appears to be affecting quite a few nodes actually...

Timburton123
New here

Similar issues here, we're on n121

MK2
Building a reputation

Also here, n202 and n103, other nodes are working

jake9891
Conversationalist

I can confirm it's affecting our org as well

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yep - just had a mild panic attack as we received a load of alerts from various customers stating that devices had unregistered etc and i can't get back into the dashboard.

This looks to be a wider issue.

I would check Thousand Eyes via the dashboard but I can't even do that!!!!

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
FO_1
New here

n35 isn't working for us

PR_electronics
New here

Same here on n143

RCaldicott
Getting noticed

N199 is down too, from the UK. I've also had warnings of Switches offline but the people onsite are confirming the network is fine.

eyre-jr
Here to help

+1 for n35

aleksander
Here to help

Hi, n319 is down as well.

We are N319 and confirm is down for us too. Internally all seems ok

Just start working, can login. Try yours.

Yea, all good again cheers

Bing0r
New here

N193 for us and also from UK

AxL1971
Building a reputation

I am on https://n233.meraki.com/ and working for me 

however none of my API calls are connecting and also alerts about switches being offline

AdBurl
Getting noticed

I was unable to get to n233 but can now

LeeEastham
Conversationalist

n308 affected too, also had a mild panic attack. Thought it was one of our ISPs at first as it was only their lines, eventually discovered it's anything with WiFi as our MX67's are fine but the MR devices and any MX67W or Z3 devices are all now showing offline.  Thankfully all online in reality.

Safcmswalker
New here

Same here 

SiobhanO2l
New here

n56 down

John-GenH
New here

Same for me, I'm on Node n147. 
Everything is currently up but I can't get access to the dashboard

Same for me, I'm on n145

jake9891
Conversationalist

This appear to be dashboard only outage, all of our sites are online in reality. VPN works and status page on local IP shows as everything connected

Anonymous
Not applicable

it's 12:00 CET, must be maintenance time in the US....

Lagcat
Getting noticed

N122 down also - its alert testing day

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Same here on node n143 in the UK. 

I came off a call to see the alerts that all our switches and APs were offline, but clearly that wasn't the case. 

cpoulton
New here

N162 in the UK appears to be offline as well

Rebry
Here to help

Same at n213

cta102
Building a reputation

N311 down also

ScHinZe
New here

Same for n3

KevinF
Comes here often

N192, n236, n150 down also

MohsenAbedi
Conversationalist

N197 is down also since 12:00. We can't do anything and new clients cannot onboard to wifi using Meraki Authentication. 

Mohsen Abedi

Hi Mohsen,

Are you coming in from the UK? Guessing not with a time of 12:00 before now, I assume you're CET?

MohsenAbedi
Conversationalist

Yep, CET Time. I'm in Barcelona ATM 

Mohsen Abedi
ScHinZe
New here

Dashboard back for me ! (n3) 👍

Windo
Comes here often

Wow long time lurker, finally sign up to see what was going on here, our node n308 is down too.

daniel_abbatt
Getting noticed

n72 is back again now.

John-GenH
New here

My node N147 (UK) just came back up

LeeEastham
Conversationalist

n308 just came back up, have heard shorter songs than my incoming notifications sounds 😄

Meraki alerts raise internal tickets that go straight to me so I get double the notifications!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's back now.

ValIT
New here

Hello

N236 also came back up

MohsenAbedi
Conversationalist

It came back up for us (N197) around 12:47 CET 

Mohsen Abedi
JozefMocke
Conversationalist
KevinF
Comes here often

Yes, all tenants seem to be functional again.

Do you know if there is any communication from Meraki about this?
This has panicked a lot of supervisors in the current geopolitical context.

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey awesome people,

I can confirm there was some disruption affecting the shards in EMEAR. We are currently still investigating the root cause, but we are seeing most nodes affected restoring now.

Will continue to update you all on the Service Notice I posted. 

Thank you so much!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
MK2
Building a reputation

Any news what is causing the outage? Can't find anything.....customers asking 🙄

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @MK2 , not yet unfortunately. Given the service recovery, it may take us a while longer to get to the root cause. 

I'll go out on a limb in the meantime though, and please please please take this with a pinch of salt until we have an actual RCA: we observed that the behaviour was quite different based on the ISP, so I wonder if this may have been some wider outage/routing problem with the carriers in Central Europe. 

Once we have some more feedback we'll update the Service Notice with the details. 

Thank you for your patience and support here everyone!

Giac

MK2
Building a reputation

Again, any news from the outage? 

Just because it was the weekend, customers don't forget.
Or maybe they didn't drink enough🍹🤣

Has there been any update to this issue, still cant access any devices on https://n202.meraki.com/

Been down since Monday

Hey @AdamRoberts !

This incident is from 2022 and has been resolved at the time. 

I'm not aware of any outage with the API at the moment. Did you open a case with Support?

Many thanks!

Giac

I havent raised a case with support  where do I do that ?

Ideally from the Cases section in Dashboard (? at the top right > Cases) ; alternatively from meraki.com/support, however you'll need to provide some details about which organisation, so I'd recommend the first method!

Giac

Anonymous
Not applicable

Typical Meraki. Deny everything for a month, then admit there was a problem and roll it back. One reason why we are changing to a different provider.

MK2
Building a reputation

The incident happened a little while ago, and customers and users are now wondering because there is no transparent feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Transparent feedback" - Cisco ? Never!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.