Dashboard time errors

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard time errors

Has anyone else noticed that events on the timeline in the dashboard do not correspond accurately with what happened?  As an example, I have just upgraded an MX and on the dashboard I see the below:

cmr_0-1660728082926.png

However, I also log the actual availability of the services that need this device to be up and they show that it was down from 10:08 to 10:10.

It appears that the dashboard times are when the events have been processed and not when they occurred...

5 Replies 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Bizarrely the passive MX in the HA pair shows (near enough) the correct times, which were 10:23 to 10:25...

cmr_0-1660728515324.png

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

A MX HA pair will upgrade each unit separately so I would anticipate different times. Although, I would expect the opposite then of what you posted as the primary should upgrade first.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Ryan_Miles the primary did upgrade first, the point was that the upgrade of the primary actually occurred 3 minutes before the timeframe reported in the dashboard.  The secondary upgrade times match.  Is this expected?

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I've upgraded MX HA pairs for years (as run now and scheduled) and honestly never looked at the connectivity bar to see if the times match.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cmr is very thorough and I’d trust what he’s saying. If it’s broken or not right, he’ll spot it.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.