MX 75 Router Restart Issue

pope
New here

MX 75 Router Restart Issue

it has been working ok, for the last 6 months, but now it keeps on restarting, I have tried  a factory reset but the issue still persists.

what could be the problem?

thanks 

6 Replies 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @pope , I would reach out to Meraki support and raise a support ticket.  This way if you need to replace the device they can RMA it.

Could be any number of issues, cpu utilisation causing it to fail and reboot, hardware issues, code/firmware issue etc etc

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
CameronS
Getting noticed

This happened to me too, After an RMA it would still occur. It turned out that we had too many clients as per the recommended usage which caused high cpu usage and in turn a reboot. We had to upgrade to higher models in the end.

jbright
A model citizen

You can see the utilization on the firewall by going to Organization > Monitor > Summary Report and picking the network that the firewall is located in. Scroll to the bottom of the report and you can see the firewall utilization over time and see if it is to high for too long. The latest beta firmware for the MX75 implements multi-threading and could possibly help with throughput some, but maybe at the cost of overall stability from running beta firmware.

rdominguez
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As @DarrenOC has already suggested, reaching out to Meraki Support (via a dashboard case or the Meraki support line) would be the best course of action here. The reboots can be associated with the hardware itself, physical issues (such as power), or even firmware. Logs on the device itself can also provide information on potential causes. Meraki support will look into all of these potential causes and may ask you to provide those logs.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@pope what do you see in the event log for the reboot, this is now recorded since recent changes and you should see similar to the below where the power lead was pulled as part of some ISP troubleshooting:

Screenshot_20231104_094539_Chrome.jpg

Osberg
Here to help

What software are you running on the devices?? 

I was testing the beta version and saw similar issue that you are describing here. 

Frank Osberg | Domain Architect @ Solar A/S
LinkedIn - Twitter
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! Much Thanks
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels