Free CW9166i

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Free CW9166i

I don't want to make anyone jealous, but Cisco just gave every attendee of the WirelessLAN Professionals Conference in Prague a free CW9166i with a license. Even the other vendor participants got one ... 🙂

Thank you, Cisco!  

26 Replies 26
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is impressive.  Can I join remotely ...

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nice a bit of an upgrade from the usual free lanyard and pen that usually doesn't work 😂

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Enjoy, please let me know how much watt it uses idle

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is my AP at home with four HomePods connected doing nothing:

KarstenI_0-1698350939493.png

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

IMG_0289.jpeg

Very nice!

Please feel free to hit that kudos button
TBHPTL
A model citizen

Big ups to Tauni and the whole wrecking crew @ Meraki

TBHPTL
A model citizen

and Drew...

😎

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Welcome, Drew! 🙂

Sneaking around.. lol

Will hopefully see you and the crew in Phoenix in a couple of months.

No waffles and grape drank this time... https://loloschickenandwaffles.com/menu/

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Awesome .. What is the procedure to join remotely 😃

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Not jealous at all @KarstenI 😉

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They work well the dual 5GHz radios particularly help in high density areas (like my hallway...) 😎

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I use my existing  one with 160Mhz on 6GHz and starting today I can even roam from 6 to 6. 😄

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I still can't even use 6Ghz in my country (New Zealand).  Maybe one day the regulatory bodies will get around to allowing it.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is really disappointing. And the EU only has 500MHz ...

Aus/NZ also only approved 500 MHz so far... hopeful of getting the full 1200 MHz in Aus at least once AFC has been tried and tested in the US!

Hey @PhilipDAth check your radio settings, 6 GHz showing available for me in Aus now!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just upgraded to 30.5 and now I can see 6Ghz options.  Thanks for the heads up.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

After upgrading the Intel WiFi driver in my Lenovo notebook, I can connect to 6Ghz, and it is awesomely fast!  Now to see if I can stay connected all day long (I couldn't do that before).

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Perhaps we will get lucky at Enterprise Networking PVT in Amsterdam next week ? 🙂

(I still remember when everyone got a 3560CX wayyyy back .. fun times at security check-in in Schiphol that last day 🙂 )

MerryAki
Building a reputation

I don't think that those should be sold on ebay.. like the NFR/EA hardware.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/176002185263

Seller wrote me: Yeah I got that on conference

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It was certainly not meant this way. But there was no "contract" with Cisco/Meraki, so it should be legal. It's just that a vendor will think about actions like these when the devices show up on eBay in larger quantities.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well there will be no hardware warranty on these, so the sellers price is somewhat optimistic!

MerryAki
Building a reputation

Definitely! Maybe there are some thoughts on how to avoid those device usages in future. (Compared to other vendors, which do offer a NFR program, but the do this intentionally, as you won't get support there aswell (VMWare, Mikrotik etc.))

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.