Will Cisco IW (Industrial Wireless) Access Point Models support a Meraki Persona?

pvescera
Conversationalist

Will Cisco IW (Industrial Wireless) Access Point Models support a Meraki Persona?

I know there are plans to support a Meraki persona for certain Cat9K APs but wanted to know if there is any support for the Industrial Wireless models? i.e. IW6300

3 Replies 3
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From what I have heard no. Same goes for the Cisco IE switches. They will stay 2 different personna.

K2_Josh
Building a reputation

I don't anticipate Cisco training Meraki support on for rugged wireless devices anytime in the next 3-5 years at least. That's just a guess from someoneon the internet who doesn't work for Cisco/Meraki.

As an example, Meraki support might be asked about additional connector options (like M12) for harsh environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IEvy0Di_R4

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the wireless front we have only seen new models being supported with both persona's.
I believe both development teams need input in the hardware to create a fully compatible model with software support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels