Free CW9166i

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Free CW9166i

I don't want to make anyone jealous, but Cisco just gave every attendee of the WirelessLAN Professionals Conference in Prague a free CW9166i with a license. Even the other vendor participants got one ... 🙂

Thank you, Cisco!  

26 Replies 26
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is impressive.  Can I join remotely ...

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nice a bit of an upgrade from the usual free lanyard and pen that usually doesn't work 😂

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Enjoy, please let me know how much watt it uses idle

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is my AP at home with four HomePods connected doing nothing:

KarstenI_0-1698350939493.png

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

IMG_0289.jpeg

Very nice!

Please feel free to hit that kudos button
TBHPTL
A model citizen

Big ups to Tauni and the whole wrecking crew @ Meraki

TBHPTL
A model citizen

and Drew...

😎

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Welcome, Drew! 🙂

Sneaking around.. lol

Will hopefully see you and the crew in Phoenix in a couple of months.

No waffles and grape drank this time... https://loloschickenandwaffles.com/menu/

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Awesome .. What is the procedure to join remotely 😃

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Not jealous at all @KarstenI 😉

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They work well the dual 5GHz radios particularly help in high density areas (like my hallway...) 😎

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I use my existing  one with 160Mhz on 6GHz and starting today I can even roam from 6 to 6. 😄

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I still can't even use 6Ghz in my country (New Zealand).  Maybe one day the regulatory bodies will get around to allowing it.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is really disappointing. And the EU only has 500MHz ...

Aus/NZ also only approved 500 MHz so far... hopeful of getting the full 1200 MHz in Aus at least once AFC has been tried and tested in the US!

Hey @PhilipDAth check your radio settings, 6 GHz showing available for me in Aus now!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just upgraded to 30.5 and now I can see 6Ghz options.  Thanks for the heads up.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

After upgrading the Intel WiFi driver in my Lenovo notebook, I can connect to 6Ghz, and it is awesomely fast!  Now to see if I can stay connected all day long (I couldn't do that before).

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Perhaps we will get lucky at Enterprise Networking PVT in Amsterdam next week ? 🙂

(I still remember when everyone got a 3560CX wayyyy back .. fun times at security check-in in Schiphol that last day 🙂 )

MerryAki
Building a reputation

I don't think that those should be sold on ebay.. like the NFR/EA hardware.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/176002185263

Seller wrote me: Yeah I got that on conference

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It was certainly not meant this way. But there was no "contract" with Cisco/Meraki, so it should be legal. It's just that a vendor will think about actions like these when the devices show up on eBay in larger quantities.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well there will be no hardware warranty on these, so the sellers price is somewhat optimistic!

MerryAki
Building a reputation

Definitely! Maybe there are some thoughts on how to avoid those device usages in future. (Compared to other vendors, which do offer a NFR program, but the do this intentionally, as you won't get support there aswell (VMWare, Mikrotik etc.))

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels