Timed restrictions for a wireless client ?

bluemoon25
Here to help

Timed restrictions for a wireless client ?

Can anyone suggest a way to create timed restrictions for a specific wireless client ?

We have a ChromeBox computer (that lives in our Living room and is used by our kids and we try to keep them off it until they get back from school) Because of having had to rearrange the room we have had to switch it to Wireless instead of Wired.

When it was wired we were able to control access on a timed basis using Switch Port Schedules but now that it is wirelessly connected I cannot see an easy way to restrict access to specific times ?

Any ideas ?

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Create a group policy on a schedule and apply it to the client. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

As mentioned use a group policy, nice to see Meraki is being used in a home environment. 

Like this with everything else left as default ?

Screenshot 2018-10-31 17.17.59.png

Yes that looks good, and during that period you should configure the firewall policy to block everything.

Thanks....in fact it was just the opposite that I needed....so set the Policy to DISABLED during that period and block everything outside that time....but I got there in the end....thanks !

Screenshot 2018-11-01 14.58.49.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels