MA-SFP-10GB-LRM compatibility with MS130X

Solved
ibrugnolli
Comes here often

MA-SFP-10GB-LRM compatibility with MS130X

Hi, 

On the following meraki documentation:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Small-Form_Factor_Plu...

The MS130X does appear on the list of supported devices for the transceiver MA-SFP-10GB-LRM.

Could confirm if this transceiver is suppoted or not on the MS130X platform ?

Best Regards.

Ivan Brugnolli

1 Accepted Solution

It's just the MA-SFP-10GB-LR (single mode) that's supported on the MS130X product suite.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This SFP model is not supported on this switch model.

alemabrahao_2-1716823584772.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

If you filter by Switch model you will see that other SFP models are supported.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

ibrugnolli
Comes here often

I know the document URL I posted does not show the MA-SFP-10GB-LRM as supported. But the Meraki Sizing tool says this MS130X support this transceiver model

https://merakisizing.com/#/ms

That´s why I am asking

It is saying that it supports 10Gb SFP, but not that specific model, it is another SFP model as you can see in the document.

alemabrahao_0-1716826266075.png

The Meraki sizing tool says that the MA-SFP-10GB-LRM is supported on the MS130X

It's not

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would personally trust the datasheet over the Meraki Sizing tool.
The datasheet is generally considered to be the source of truth while the sizing tool (despite being created by a Meraki employee) is somewhat unknown in terms of its accuracy and guarantees.

Best way to be sure though would be to raise a case and have Meraki support confirm.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ConnorL , are you able to find out if MA-SFP-10GB-LRM is support on an MS130X?

It's just the MA-SFP-10GB-LR (single mode) that's supported on the MS130X product suite.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels