Cisco Meraki Switch & Cradlepoint

Shadius
Building a reputation

Cisco Meraki Switch & Cradlepoint

Hi all,

We've connected a Cradlepoint E3000 Router to our Cisco Meraki switch and set the static route to go to the Cradlepoint's IP address which is on our network, however, we don't seem to be getting speeds from the Cradlepoint. The Cradlepoint speed test would show anywhere above 100Mbps, but yet the computers get 1Mbps.

We want to use the Cradlepoint for our Internet.

What can I check to start troubleshooting?

6 REPLIES 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

HI @Shadius , could you supply further details around your network setup?  What switches do you have downstream from the router?  Do you have L3 VLAN interfaces on those switches.  How's the router connected into the LAN?  Are you routing on a stick?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Shadius
Building a reputation

The Cradlepoint E3000 Router is connected to the Cisco Meraki MS350 switch port 1 as an uplink with an internal IP address. The same Cisco Meraki MS350 switch is connected to the Cisco WAN router.

There is also another switch on a different floor that is connected to this switch using a trunk port.

Yes, we do have L3 VLAN interfaces on each switch.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Shadius , what does a traceroute show you from your device connected to the switch? Does it follow the route you’re expecting?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Shadius
Building a reputation

@DarrenOC 

The trace route shows it timing out on the 4th hop.

After inputting a static route on the WAN router for it to go to the Cradlepoint E3000 Router (172.16.150.9), the trace route shows it starts at the interface IP (172.16.150.11), then goes to the Cradlepoint E3000 Router's IP, but times out from the 4th hop to the 8th hop, then resumes on the 9th hop.

When removing the static route of 172.16.150.9, there is no timeout, but computers get 1Mbps speeds, which is our WAN circuit speeds.

Also, a speed test ran from the Cradlepoint's NetCloud Manager resulted in over 100Mbps speeds.

Here's a screenshot:

Shadius_0-1635024015859.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you plug a computer directly into the cradle point does the computer get the speed you expect?

Shadius
Building a reputation

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels