Advice on the difference between the Cisco Meraki MS120-24 switch and Cisco Meraki MS120-24p switch

phelimmc
Here to help

Advice on the difference between the Cisco Meraki MS120-24 switch and Cisco Meraki MS120-24p switch

Hi,

Can someone please advise. We are keen to obtain a number of Cisco Meraki 24 port switches fairly soon (not easy at the moment I know). On a particular site a Cisco Meraki MS120-24 switch is listed at approx £639 whereas on the same site the Cisco Meraki MS120-24p switch is listed at approx £891. 

Can anyone advise why is this? I have compared the specifications and both seem identical to me but I know I am missing something. Additionally we can obtain a Cisco Meraki MS120-24 switch tomorrow but the the Cisco Meraki MS120-24p has a turnaround of 90 days (being the norm around the world at the moment)

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@phelimmc : this is the difference

Inderdeep_0-1632333901918.png

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

As has been said, the P is the POE model. Unless you are absolutely 100% sure that you will never use POE then I’d always buy the POE model. You never know when you’ll want to add an access point, a security camera, or what the next big POE powered ‘thing’ will be.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels