Restricting view access to Organization Admins

Boulder38
Getting noticed

Restricting view access to Organization Admins

Hi,

Is there a way of restricting camera access to certain organization admins that receive rights to the cameras automatically?

It'd be a nice feature rather than setting up granular access to discount the cameras.

Thanks

Luke

6 REPLIES 6
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Pretty sure that if you want granular access, you have to give admins access to specific networks. Otherwise a full org admin is exactly that: someone with full access to the entire organization.

See: https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Managing_Dashboar...

Boulder38
Getting noticed

Yeh, I appreciate that is what they're for, but if you have 100 different networks, being able to restrict a couple of networks is a lot easier and quicker, and easier to manage, than giving access to 98 networks

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Have you considered managing your admins via a script? There's a manage admins script that you can use to modify permissions on orgs. It'd be easy to modify it to change perms on just the handful of orgs you mean.

It's what I use to manage permissions across 70-odd organizations.

Boulder38
Getting noticed

I'll give that a look over next week, thank you

Seems a lot of work for a simple option within the portal though

DonAnnett
Getting noticed

An alternative would be to move your cameras to a separate Org and keep your 'networking' networks separate in the original org. Then your Org admins in teh main org could be given granular network admin access in your camera org.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Boulder38 If you user has organisation rights then no, if they have regular admin or read only access then yes. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.