Admin Timeout

SOLVED
Twiles
Here to help

Admin Timeout

Is there a way to disable the timeout for select users or networks in an organization?

We have users who only have access to the cameras network in our organization and they would like to leave the page up throughout the day without being logged out (the page is open and up on a second monitor). I do not want to disable the timeout for the whole org…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MacuserJim
A model citizen

I am pretty sure there is not a way to set different time out lengths in the dashboard. (sounds like a great "Make a wish"). However for those users you could look into using a Chrome extension to refresh the page to keep the session alive, such as "Staying Alive for Google Chrome".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MacuserJim
A model citizen

I am pretty sure there is not a way to set different time out lengths in the dashboard. (sounds like a great "Make a wish"). However for those users you could look into using a Chrome extension to refresh the page to keep the session alive, such as "Staying Alive for Google Chrome".

We know this is annoying and are looking at allowing Camera Only Admins to be treated differently some time in the future.

JoelG
Conversationalist

Please make this happen @GeorgeB because the auto-refresh browser extensions no longer seem to function effectively as a workaround.  The end result is that even though the browser extension is auto-refreshing the tab like it should, it ends up showing a "not authorized" page like the one below instead.  This is with SAML accounts and the users claim previously they were able to leave the same video walls up all day long with no browser extension needed.

JoelG_0-1623447387615.png

it should work
Dunky
A model citizen

Any updates on this.  We will shortly be implementing MV's at one of our sites, and they want a videowall in the factory.  That isnt going to work if it keeps logging out.  Or maybe the Vision Portal has a different idle timeout that can be set to never logout??

TIA

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately @MacuserJim is correct. The timeout is a global org setting so the users will need to keep the session active. 

If you have video walls set up, you could use the new auto rotate walls option to have the page auto refresh and move between walls. This should keep the session alive although I have not tested it since the feature just launched (hopefully it's available for everyone!). 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
redsector
Head in the Cloud

We have an "read only" user for monitoring. And it´s annoying that this user gets logged out with the same time range as admin users.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.