Meraki MX64W and Group Policies - Applying to all wireless users despite not explicitly assigning

e39_540i
Getting noticed

Meraki MX64W and Group Policies - Applying to all wireless users despite not explicitly assigning

Has anyone else had this problem? I have an MX64W. I have a number of L3 and L7 firewall rules set but would like to create a Group Policy to allow a specific set of users (HR) to have access to a site that is in Canada. I add all the L3 and L7 rules into this new Group Policy and just as soon as I do, users can no longer access a different site (meetings.ringcentral.com) despite not even having the GP applied to any of these users/clients.

I don't have anything set to apply GP to specific subnets, all of that is set to off/disabled. I can't sort out why wireless clients are having this issue. I had a different (but related) issue on another network that uses Meraki APs. All wireless users were booted off of the APs and could not get back on. I deleted the Group Policy and that let the users back onto the wireless. I should say this Group Policy was enabled on Wednesday of last week. 

Any ideas? I'm not sure what's going wrong but maybe there's configuration I'm missing somewhere.

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Running a recent MX firmware image?  I haven't seen that issue myself.

MX64W showing up to date (14.40).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels