IPv6 MX Implementation - Partner Discussion Thread

SOLVED
JasonCampbell
Getting noticed

IPv6 MX Implementation - Partner Discussion Thread

I am starting this thread because Meraki Leadership decided to close discussion, as well as mark solved, to a topic that has not been resolved.

References:

Previous IPv6 Discussion:
https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/WE-Need-IPV6-Support-in-MX/td-p/1095

Meraki IPv6 Status Page:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Full-Stack-Network-Wide/IPv6-Meraki/m-p/53677

The fact that Meraki decided to close the thread to discussion leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The whole purpose of a community forum is to discuss Meraki, good and bad. Meraki deciding to close conversation on a highly debated topic, which they replied to multiple times with timelines that were not met, is unacceptable to me.

Partners, please continue to hold Meraki accountable on IPv6 here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasonCampbell -

We have realized that we were over-zealous in our thread-locking. I have unlocked the original WE Need IPV6 Support in MX thread, and I'd encourage further discussion there so that all interested parties get notified.

Replies on the new IPv6 @ Meraki thread will remain limited to Meraki personnel, so that those of you who wish to just hear updates from the Meraki team can subscribe there.

Regards,

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Alternatively, and on the positive side, with the discussion terminated, there will be fewer weasel-worded posts about "we are working on it". IPv6 has been a draft standard since 1998 and an Internet Standard for two years. I am reminded of the way MNO management earnestly believed that mobile data would never be in demand, they were the same about texting. Network engineers really do live in a world of their own.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasonCampbell -

We have realized that we were over-zealous in our thread-locking. I have unlocked the original WE Need IPV6 Support in MX thread, and I'd encourage further discussion there so that all interested parties get notified.

Replies on the new IPv6 @ Meraki thread will remain limited to Meraki personnel, so that those of you who wish to just hear updates from the Meraki team can subscribe there.

Regards,

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

I appreciate you re-opening the thread @CarolineS

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels