cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 MX Implementation - Partner Discussion Thread

SOLVED
Getting noticed

IPv6 MX Implementation - Partner Discussion Thread

I am starting this thread because Meraki Leadership decided to close discussion, as well as mark solved, to a topic that has not been resolved.

References:

Previous IPv6 Discussion:
https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/WE-Need-IPV6-Support-in-MX/td-p/1095

Meraki IPv6 Status Page:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Full-Stack-Network-Wide/IPv6-Meraki/m-p/53677

The fact that Meraki decided to close the thread to discussion leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The whole purpose of a community forum is to discuss Meraki, good and bad. Meraki deciding to close conversation on a highly debated topic, which they replied to multiple times with timelines that were not met, is unacceptable to me.

Partners, please continue to hold Meraki accountable on IPv6 here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: IPv6 MX Implementation - Partner Discussion Thread

Hi @JasonCampbell -

We have realized that we were over-zealous in our thread-locking. I have unlocked the original WE Need IPV6 Support in MX thread, and I'd encourage further discussion there so that all interested parties get notified.

Replies on the new IPv6 @ Meraki thread will remain limited to Meraki personnel, so that those of you who wish to just hear updates from the Meraki team can subscribe there.

Regards,

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kind of a big deal

Alternatively, and on the positive side, with the discussion terminated, there will be fewer weasel-worded posts about "we are working on it". IPv6 has been a draft standard since 1998 and an Internet Standard for two years. I am reminded of the way MNO management earnestly believed that mobile data would never be in demand, they were the same about texting. Network engineers really do live in a world of their own.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @JasonCampbell -

We have realized that we were over-zealous in our thread-locking. I have unlocked the original WE Need IPV6 Support in MX thread, and I'd encourage further discussion there so that all interested parties get notified.

Replies on the new IPv6 @ Meraki thread will remain limited to Meraki personnel, so that those of you who wish to just hear updates from the Meraki team can subscribe there.

Regards,

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here

View solution in original post

Getting noticed

I appreciate you re-opening the thread @CarolineS

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.