Cisco Mx64 and polycom vvx410 issues!!

jaisonmonson
Comes here often

Cisco Mx64 and polycom vvx410 issues!!

Hi All, Recently I deployed a handful of Mx64s along side Some POE injectors so people can have the network at home and be able to use their phones. Testing in house went perfect!. One deployed everything was going smooth, In the end we have three users out of the 12 that are having phone issues. Instead of showing the normal extension on the screen it is showing the model of the VoiP which are Polycom VX 410s and there is no dial tone. The phones are getting IP'S and the the setting on the phone are correct. Are there any ideas on where to look next?

3 REPLIES 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firstly @MeredithW This is in the wrong forum.

@jaisonmonson  I am assuming you have site to site VPN setup, is there any logs on the VOIP controller that provide any insight. Do the users who are having the problem have a suitable connection that has enough bandwidth to cope with VOIP over VPN?

@BlakeRichardson - Moved to the Security board, thanks for the heads up!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @jaisonmonson , I assume the MX68’s are registering fine out to the Meraki cloud and it’s just the phones not registering correctly?

Are there any DHCP options that need to be set for the Polycomms require to register out to the PBX/Cloud?  Issue looks to be around registration, have you ran a packet capture on the phone port?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels