Is the Meraki Go line being abandoned?

DC3
Here to help

Is the Meraki Go line being abandoned?

I know this question has to be going through the minds of a lot of others in the community, I am certainly one of them. Is the Meraki Go line being abandoned?

There have been few announcements, no hardware replacements for discontinued switches and nothing by way of new products. It feels like the writing is on the wall for this product line, and I'm wondering what others are thinking. What is your plan? Are you replacing Meraki Go equipment with Ubiquiti, or do you have another vendor or product line you are looking at? The next step up in Meraki equipment just seems cost prohibitive to many SMBs and SOHOs. 

I was really hoping for a solid line to compete with Ubiquiti in the SMB, SOHO space, but I'm very reluctant at this point to spend any more on Meraki Go. 

16 Replies 16
briguy111
Here to help

@DC3 I don't think they are giving up, but the communication from corporate is pretty sparse. There is a recent post discussing the switches being replaced by a new model line, but very minimal details at this time, it's such great system, just needs the bugs worked out and some software updates and I feel like it's better then unifi for all small businesses. 

JoeSo1
Here to help

I am hoping for an answer too. At Cisco Live Amsterdam, there were some ominous rumors too. It was stated that there will be a change in the near future. I am hoping for a clarifying statement. I personally like the product line a lot. I love the fact, on how i can get help quickly by a real person through the app without subscription. From my experience this is one of many standalone features and I am still advocating Meraki Go.

Hoping for the best

Hoamboy
Getting noticed

Have a look at Aruba Instant On product line.

Enterprise class hardware and as easy as this one here to deploy/manage.

Really really nice AP's and switches, only downside is: they have no routers.

But going for a relatively nice-priced MikroTik instead opens access to the world as you can configure almost everything that exists under the sun.

This makes it the perfect combo for me.

Just my 2ct.

DC3
Here to help

I appreciate all the responses. I'm hoping we get some update here in the very near future. I'm afraid the longer they wait the more people will jump ship to another vendor.

@Hoamboy - That's a great suggestion, I had forgotten about the Aruba Instant On products. I'll definitely keep those in mind.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Another option: https://www.engenius.ai/cloud

full stack of gear plus managed PDUs

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Way too expensive and even with a quite costy Pro licence only 30 days of data retention/logging? Puuuh...

IF Engenius - then probably the more comparable small business product line: https://www.engeniustech.com/engenius-fit.html

Check out their demo - very similar to Meraki Go: https://fit.engenius.ai/demo

jesseb514
Here to help

@hidden0 + @MiriamGo might you be able to shed some light on this topic? Thanks!

TyShawn
A model citizen

I hope Cisco is able to respond I know layoffs happened a couple weeks ago. But for those that are looking for an option, you can look at TP-Link, Unifi, Aruba, and Grandstream. If you can afford some licensing Engenius and Netgear are options. 

jesseb514
Here to help

@CarolineS - I just wanted to bring your attention to this discussion as it seems like something Meraki may want to address. Thanks!

The question is now unanswered for three weeks- what paints a picture to this issue. If you look at the views inside the community this is one of the most viewed topics of the closer timeframe. An official reaction to this is absolutely needed in terms of trust of the product line.

Thanks a lot for everyone who adds weight to this topic.

DC3
Here to help

I'm afraid they are answering it by not answering it. 😣

I had high hopes for Meraki in the SOHO/SMB space, but I'm afraid that they just aren't behind the product line. I think for me, I'll probably look at the Aruba InstantOn line in the future, I just wish they had a firewall/gateway option.

aassadi
Here to help

Hopefully someone from Meraki Go team provide us with answer? I contacted the support and they replied.  

" at this time we could not commit on any timelines or announcement for a new successor product in terms of Merak Go switching " 

JoeSo1
Here to help

As no one from Meraki is answering to this question- i hope at last someone is reading it.

Where can i find the official EOS and EOL Dates of the current hardware ?

JoeSo1
Here to help

As there is no followup product series announced and with an end of support date next year, the line is de facto dead. I have to admit, that i didnt expect to be ghosted by meraki.

I think you are right 😞 I am already starting to look for replacement. 

Torben

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.