Meraki Dashboard App: further development?

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Dashboard App: further development?

Is anybody here actively using the Meraki Dashboard App? Either I‘m too blind or there‘s a whole bunch of features missing, especially comparing to some low-cost Alternative like Ubiquiti.

Basically the question is: is the app going to be developed further or is it „config has to be done in the browser“ by design?

9 Replies 9
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

There was a threat on the app, but can´t find it at the moment..

But they don´t really work on the app at the moment, but I believe they said to do so in the future, but didn´t say when and what features.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal
Nick
Head in the Cloud

Fingers are still crossed for for this to get some updates and loving soon!

Richard_W
A model citizen

@CptnCrnch 

Yeah I use it, initially just to monitor Uplink data on MX, and AP status. Useful at a glance but yes not all that many features.

I used to use it all the time, but now, like you said, it is missing a bunch of features, and a lot of the data doesn't seem to be accurate. 

For example, I went to check the status after a firmware update, rather than dig my laptop out, and found the VPN status showing down on most of the MXs I have.  Mild heart attack later, I found everything was fine, but the app doesn't work to report that anymore.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

I really hope that this is picked up by Meraki - it is not that we want this killed off. We want it shown some love please!

I use to use the app a lot but no longer use it as its buggy and doesn't work properly for me anymore.

I really would like to use it again being able to monitor my networks while I am mobile is important for me, this was one of the selling points of Meraki for me so its a bit disappointing its been neglected as far as it has been. 

nuo
Getting noticed

>Yeah I use it, initially just to monitor Uplink data on MX, and AP status.
>Useful at a glance but yes not all that many features.

If you could change things via the app - that would be neat. Especially on a tablet!
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Yes I really would also appreciate an update on the app!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.