Meraki Dashboard App: further development?

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Dashboard App: further development?

Is anybody here actively using the Meraki Dashboard App? Either I‘m too blind or there‘s a whole bunch of features missing, especially comparing to some low-cost Alternative like Ubiquiti.

Basically the question is: is the app going to be developed further or is it „config has to be done in the browser“ by design?

9 REPLIES 9
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

There was a threat on the app, but can´t find it at the moment..

But they don´t really work on the app at the moment, but I believe they said to do so in the future, but didn´t say when and what features.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal
Nick
Head in the Cloud

Fingers are still crossed for for this to get some updates and loving soon!

Richard_W
A model citizen

@CptnCrnch 

Yeah I use it, initially just to monitor Uplink data on MX, and AP status. Useful at a glance but yes not all that many features.

I used to use it all the time, but now, like you said, it is missing a bunch of features, and a lot of the data doesn't seem to be accurate. 

For example, I went to check the status after a firmware update, rather than dig my laptop out, and found the VPN status showing down on most of the MXs I have.  Mild heart attack later, I found everything was fine, but the app doesn't work to report that anymore.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

I really hope that this is picked up by Meraki - it is not that we want this killed off. We want it shown some love please!

I use to use the app a lot but no longer use it as its buggy and doesn't work properly for me anymore.

I really would like to use it again being able to monitor my networks while I am mobile is important for me, this was one of the selling points of Meraki for me so its a bit disappointing its been neglected as far as it has been. 

nuo
Getting noticed

>Yeah I use it, initially just to monitor Uplink data on MX, and AP status.
>Useful at a glance but yes not all that many features.

If you could change things via the app - that would be neat. Especially on a tablet!
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Yes I really would also appreciate an update on the app!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.