Hardware stock levels

SOLVED
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hardware stock levels

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has ordered any new hardware recently and how did you find the wait times. I am about to order some more MS as well as a couple of MV units. 

I know in the past due to Covid the MV gear has taken much longer than normal to ship due to low stock. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @BlakeRichardson .  Knowing that we are both in New Zealand, I'll speak from the NZ perspective.

The wait time is affected by the components being used in the device (thanks to chipageddon).  For example, MX67s are unaffected and ship normally.  However, the MV72X is badly affected and can take 3 months to get (it's affected by the shortage of SSD drives - 512GB SSDs I think - not 100% sure).  MV12 seems to be shipping normally (it uses a 256GB SSD).  MX84s can be particularly hard to get.  MR32s are very hard to get (but hopefully not one is buying those still).

If some devices are more important, split your order in two.  For example, order all your switches on one order, and the MVs on another.  Then a product shortage in one won't delay the other.

I'm not aware of any shipping issues with regard to any of the MS family.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Some model MV are backordered pretty severely I understand.  I'll DM you a constraints list my distributor shared with me recently.  

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson if you only want small quantities place the order regardless of the published constraint levels.  At least in the UK small orders seem to have shipped much faster than indicated...

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Waiting for some MS350s for a couple of weeks now.

Mkozicki
Getting noticed

I don't know if you work with a reseller or if you are a reseller but whoever you are ordering from should be able to supply you with lead time estimates.

We as a reseller have been getting weekly updates on expected ship dates because of how far out things are on some of the products.

Look at the list I have there are some items out as far as August now.  <ouch>

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @BlakeRichardson .  Knowing that we are both in New Zealand, I'll speak from the NZ perspective.

The wait time is affected by the components being used in the device (thanks to chipageddon).  For example, MX67s are unaffected and ship normally.  However, the MV72X is badly affected and can take 3 months to get (it's affected by the shortage of SSD drives - 512GB SSDs I think - not 100% sure).  MV12 seems to be shipping normally (it uses a 256GB SSD).  MX84s can be particularly hard to get.  MR32s are very hard to get (but hopefully not one is buying those still).

If some devices are more important, split your order in two.  For example, order all your switches on one order, and the MVs on another.  Then a product shortage in one won't delay the other.

I'm not aware of any shipping issues with regard to any of the MS family.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To answer your question more specifically; if you are ordering a product where there is not a component shortage; you should get your goods within 10 days.

Yes ordering items on seprate orders not because of stock issues but because of capex approval reasons. Thank you everyone for your replies. 

And BTW, it's not only active components. I waited also about four weeks for external antennas (Catalyst, not Meraki in this case) ... Really strange.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Just following up here to let any Cisco resellers know that in merakipartners.com under resources there is a link to a document that has current constrained  product status.  It was news to me so maybe news for some of you too.

Best.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is news to me @BrandonS .  Thanks for the tip!

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BrandonS also new to me, great resource!

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Well, as of now I no longer have access.  Can one of you that are partners see if you can still access this through merakipartners.com?  I can't even figure out how to contact Cisco about it because the Meraki portal does not fit any category to open a partner support ticket under..

Thanks!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It worked yesterday for me.  Today it says I need permission.  @CarolineS , are you able to help get the permission corrected?

PhilipDAth_0-1621459952606.png

Will investigate, thanks for the heads up @PhilipDAth

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

Hey folks,

Just spotted this one; can I confirm if you still have issues seeing the report? I just managed to find the doc (Inventory and Lead times report) and it seems to be there and accessible in a PDF format. 

Many thanks!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Hi @GiacomoS It was a temporary issue resolved some time ago.  Thanks!

PittCoVA
Conversationalist

I ordered 1 MX68 and an MS120-24P on Dec 1 and I am still waiting. I'm being told to expect delivery in mid-June. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.