ECMS1 Registration -- DISAPPOINTMENT

Ssmith
Here to help

ECMS1 Registration -- DISAPPOINTMENT

I've tried for several months to get myself or my staff enrolled in the ECMS1 courses and we fail every time! I finally enrolled in a European Time Zone, hoping to take the course overnight and was unable to do so.

Is there any hope of additional classes? I'd at least like to show my interest and have someone from Meraki acknowledge that.  

16 REPLIES 16
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

This shouldn't be that hard. @EliseK, can you help @Ssmith out?

Hi @Ssmith -

Really sorry to hear about the trouble you're having getting signed up for ECMS1.

But, since you already have gone through CMNO, you probably don't need to go through ECMS1, since the ECMS1 has the same content as CMNO did.

If you can PM me the email addresses of your colleagues who have attempted to register, I can investigate those further.

Thanks!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

Thanks, but that's only part of the challenge.  I want this for my staff as well, and I have staff who haven't completed CMNO yet.  I'll PM as requested.   Personally, I'd like to jump ahead to the ECMS2 content, but it's not available for other reasons (no travel budget).  

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

From what I know enrollment should have opened today around 9AM PDT and again every 2 weeks. You could check back every Tuesday, but my suggestion would be check back @ 9AM PDT on 8/13.

Thank you -- I've set a calendar reminder to complete this enrollment, and have tried several times.  I'm sure we'll get in, but I wonder if this speaks to the popularity of the class.  And, therefore, to the equipment?  

One of the reasons I posted earlier is that we never have the opportunity to attempt a registration.  I'm not sure Meraki has an accurate measure of the demand for this class.  

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Is there a way to register for ecms2? Sounded like CMNO/CMNA ist like ecms1, which I made...

Just see articles "meraki is sizing" the classes.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

There are a few topics around the community about ECMS2. But in short, for ECMS2 you need to be nominated & invited at this point in time. It's also only organized in SanFran at the moment. Reach out to your Meraki rep to express your interest. They can nominate you.

When will ECMS2 be offered elsewhere? Or online? 

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

@Ssmith wrote:

When will ECMS2 be offered elsewhere? Or online? 

ECMS2 is in person training. Online probably never. Elsewhere (outside of US) probably not for another year or so at best.

@Ssmith Does your company currently own Meraki devices, those who own devices are given preference when it comes to ECMS1

Otherwise reach out to your account manager. 

Hi, Blake.  We have a very significant investment, actually.  I'm glad owners are given a preference.  Unfortunately, we never get past the website to enter our names or to provide feedback. If there were an adequate body of training material online somewhere, I could understand.  But this is the best opportunity for Meraki training and it's clearly undersized.   

@Ssmith I would put pressure on your Meraki account manager, if you don't know who your account manager is open your Dashboard, go to the Help menu at the top right and select "Get Help" Scroll to the bottom of that page and it lists your Meraki account manager under the "Cisco Meraki Sales" 

Your account manager should be able to speak to the training team to see what can be done, given you have a good investment in Meraki I would imagine you would hear something soon. 

Thanks again, Blake.  I've gotten good help here, actually.  Someone from Cisco Meraki has reached out privately and may be able to help.

One of the reasons I posted this is that I used to manage a technical training team, so I have a heard and a mindset for this specific type of work.  It was one of those scenarios where the business was reorganized, and that team was given to me.  Even though I didn't really understand their field, they provided me with a great education.  The Meraki training program is simply not sized right to support the level of product that's in the field.  This equipment probably supports some of the most advanced functions of our organization, and it's disappointing that the only way we can get advanced training is to attend training at 1 single facility.  Combine that with the registration web page that offers no means for communication, or offer feedback beyond an error message to say that the class is full.  

I believe I'll get my problem solved, thanks mostly to the responses to this post.  

Aveanna
Conversationalist

I share the same Disappointment. I have registered a number of times for the class in San Francisco with no reply.

I have even reached out to our Meraki Rep that has proved to be  a dead end as well.  I am the Administrator for Meraki in our company and would benefit greatly. My company will approve my travel I need to get a reply from Meraki!.

Community Admins. Can you be of some assistance?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Aveanna -

Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting signed up for ECMS. It sounds like you're looking to get into ECMS2, our in-person, 3-day training (ECMS1 is a 1-day virtual training, and it looks like you have already taken that course, back when it was named "CMNO").

Spots in ECMS2 are extremely limited right now as we work to scale the program. But, please do reach out to ecms@meraki.com and they will provide you additional info.

Cheers!

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.