remove and reassign ipads

ver89
Comes here often

remove and reassign ipads

Trying to re-assign iPads within Systems Manager & must have process/steps out of order.  I have all devices with me & find them in DEP based on Serial#.  Remove previously assigned tags, apps, profiles and then assign new tags.  iPads don't show up under --monitor--devices like I would expect after applying new tags. Do I need perform system reset back to factory on iPad ?  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
MindOnMeraki
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @ver89,

If you're referring to re-enrolling devices via DEP, you'll need to make sure that once you've removed and re-assigned those DEP settings to a device, that you then factory reset the device in order for the settings to be pushed and the device to complete enrollment. The DEP page should list the profile as "Pushed" and the Apple icon should go green once its checked into Dashboard.

After the enrollment has been completed, you should then be able to find the iPad under the devices list.

I'm sure you've come across this KB article already, and may be the one you're referencing, but I'll share it again for posterity as it is quite helpful:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Apple_Device_Enrollment_Program_(DEP)#Applying...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels