SM Enrollment Authentication DEP Restrictions with iOS/macOS

DatITguy
Here to help

SM Enrollment Authentication DEP Restrictions with iOS/macOS

Is there a reason as to why iOS and macOS devices enrolling through DEP currently do not support enrolling with Azure AD, OpenID, and Google Oauth enrollment authentication? ( https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/SM_Enrollment_Authentication ). Is this a restriction in place by Apple or is it just not developed with Meraki? Just looking for an explanation to better support or users. Appears to be supported on other MDMs, but still unclear.

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

These enrollment types require the host to be able to "pop" a web browser and present the provider's login page.  I'm guessing this early on in the process Apple devices won't allow that.

@PhilipDAth do you think this would be possible with sync capability with ABM if it was supported? I see this as a possible solution with ASM as accounts are able to be pulled over from that as owners is Meraki. If ABM was a feature of Meraki, the SCIM or federated accounts it could pull from likely would allow this. Do you know if a sync with ABM for users is a feature on a road map? Am I understanding this incorrectly?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels