Multiple Security Policies

ElderPhllaps
Comes here often

Multiple Security Policies

Is there a way I can setup multiple security policies and apply them using tags in Meraki SM?

The Issues I have is including an IOS app in the policy will show a windows managed device as being out of compliance.

Cheers in advance

4 REPLIES 4
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

'Device type' is an Auto tag and covers the following;

Android devices
AppleTV devices
Chrome devices
iOS devices
Mac devices
Windows devices
Take a look at this KB article 

Thanks Greenman but this doesn't allow me to selectively apply security policies to specific devices.

I would like to have a security policy for IOS devices and then only apply that policy to IOS devices.

Scenario is as follows.

Sec Policy 1 - IOS Specific looking for mandatory ios Meraki app

Sec Policy 2 - Android Specific looking for mandatory Android Meraki app.

Sec Policy 3 - Windows Specific and covers off security requirements for windows machines.

When looking at a windows machine on MDM, all three of the above policies are applied to it, security policy 1 and 2 show out of compliance as the windows machine doesn't have an ios or android app installed on it.

Would you be using the Legacy version of Systems Manager, @ElderPhllaps ?   That only allows for the creation of a single security policy, as per https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Tags_and_Policies/Security_Policies_in_Systems_Manager#Creating_...

No, im using the latest. 

I can create multiple policies, thats not the problem. The problem is that IOS specific requriements are making windows devices as out of compliance.

Ross

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels