Activation Lock will not enable

NurIT-db
New here

Activation Lock will not enable

Hello!

We've received a new iPad Pro 11 (Gen 3), and we're trying to enable the Activation Lock. We have a management profile implemented on our iOS devices to allow the Activation Lock and MDM Activation Lock. The iPad is up to date and has been registered in Apple DEP and Meraki reports that it is DEP enrolled and in the supervised state; however, the options to control Activation Lock on the devices page are still grayed out.

Has anyone experienced this issue with any of the new iPads?

2 REPLIES 2
Raj66
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @NurIT-db 

Is the device online and checking in? (You can check this information on the device page) and does the profile say it is installed on the device? Please refer to the following document to confirm if the activation lock has been enabled correctly.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Activation_Lock_for_iOS_Devices

If the issue still persists after checking those settings, I would suggest opening a case with Meraki support for further investigation.

Cheers!

Raj

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@NurIT-db You might want to do a full reset on the iPad. It sounds like the complete DEP sync to Meraki may not have completed the first time as well. 

Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing in the dashboard as well?

That would help us in assisting you.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels