cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Enrollment failing

Highlighted
Here to help

Legacy Enrollment failing

I am trying to enroll a Windows 10 Home machine in a Legacy Meraki account. Installing the agent appears to work as the service is running, but the machine never appears in the client list.

If I navigate to http://m.meraki.com and enter the Network ID, it flashes up and says "Found: Company Name" but then comes up with a screen that says: -

You must install the Meraki Systems Manager desktop agent!

Anyone got any thoughts on why it can correctly find the network but then immediately tell me I need to install the Systems Manager Agent?

Note, I have disabled the firewall to ensure it is not blocking the agent.

6 REPLIES 6
Kind of a big deal

Re: Legacy Enrollment failing

Try downloading the agent manually from the Dashboard and then installing it.  I would also "right click/run as administrator" on it.

Here to help

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried both of those although I don't get a "Run as Administrator" option when I right-click on the MSI that is downloaded.
Kind of a big deal

Does Add/Remove programs show the agent as being installed?

Do you see the agent running in Task Manager?

I've never tried using it on a "Home" edition of windows.  I guess it is possible that something is missing from this edition that the Meraki agent needs.

Here to help

Yes to both your questions.

It has been running on this machine previously. I noticed it wasn't working recently, so uninstalled and reinstalled the agent but to date, I have not been able to get it running properly again.

In addition, I have noticed that other clients (Windows and iOS) in the organisation are not updating the internal IP address correctly.

I am beginning to think it is a Legacy issue, but with no support from Cisco, I have no way of telling.
Here to help

And to further support my suspicion that Cisco is starting to wind up the legacy product, if I try to Enroll the Device using the option available in Windows 10 Settings, I get a message that tells me "Enrollment Disabled", as shown in the screenshot below: -

meraki_enrollment.jpg

Here to help

This has been dormant for a while, but thought I would post the solution to my issue in case it helps anyone else.

Basically, there is a known incompatibility between AVG Anti-Virus and Meraki. AVG has no plans to change that. The following quote is from an Avast employee (they now own AVG): -

"It's not possible to whitelist such traffic at the moment so we don't recommend using AVG and "Meraki" together. Thank you for your understanding!"

You can read more here: -

https://support.avg.com/answers?id=9060N000000UDFYQA4

I have confirmed this by uninstalling AVG from two VM's and Meraki then works perfectly. I note, it must be uninstalled, disabling it is not enough.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels