Only Make Location Analytics function accessible for Non-IT Department

Marlon
Here to help

Only Make Location Analytics function accessible for Non-IT Department

Hi All, 

Not sure this is the best discussion area for my question, if not let me know where is the best place please. 

You Know in the Organisation -> Monitor, we have Location Analytics function that can show foot traffic information which is very helpful for Retail department. Is there a way that we can only share this function to non-IT department? I know we can create Admin account with Read-Only permission for users, but they will see other setting on Meraki which is not safe. If anyone know any solutions or any good third Party APIs that would be very helpful. 

Thanks. 

Marlon

5 Replies 5
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Would the "monitor only" network-level permission work for you here?

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I couldn‘t think of Dashboard-internal controls that would fit your requirements.

Guess using the API for this task could be more valuable.

Hi Nash,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately we have more than 20 sites, it is hard to add one by one site for one user. I am looking for a solution on the Organization Access level.

Hi Nash,
I just did a test on Monitor Only permission, actually it's not a bad idea.
Monitor Only permission for Wireless can allow user to access "Location Analytics", even though it also allow user to access "traffic Analystic" and "heat Map", but that's totally fine for me. the Hard part is i need to add all sites one by one, but at least this is an temporary solution that I can use.
Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Marlon
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Looking at the API, I don't see the ability to manage network-level administrators no...

Let me go, uh, ask for that. 🙂 I have a use case where I'd like it. Guest ambassador for my help desk for client VPN users!

If it helps any, you could probably make a clone-able network for future times that has your users already setup. Only softens the blow some.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.