Dashboard Issues?

SOLVED
AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Dashboard Issues?

Is there a problem with the Dashboard and alerts?

I can't seem to access our own one (which is n143), however most of my client networks have also just reported the APs going down (including our own). Ours are still up and accessing the internet. 

Anyone else getting something similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Guys,

Just spoken to Meraki support and there was a BGP issue with BT in the UK and this caused much of the traffic to fail (and I guess route incorrectly) it has been treated as a MI and I am sure we will get more information on what actually happened in due course.

Dies someone want to close this thread otherwise it will gon on and on and on and on 

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Bram1985
Here to help

I experience the same issues.

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Guys,

I have lost access to most of my client dashboards and many of their networks has ceased working

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
Dbhud
New here

Yep just had the same issue and site alerts being sent out.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard is not the only thing I lost. I got alerts that my entire CMNA kit just went offline?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
SteveBIE
Conversationalist

Same issue here (Ireland). Lost dashboard. Also getting alerts for switches but not other devices.

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

I know that my client kit is not offline because they have not txt me yet (a lot are hospitality and open at the moment). 

My kit is reporting offline via the emails, but very much up and working. On the status pages, it still says it can connect to the Meraki Cloud. 

My own system (UK based but on US servers) is up and running, but client systems are off line and no dashboard access, just going to power up my "Lab" and see what happends

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

Guys, can you say what country your dashboards are in - perhaps we can localise where the problem is - I am on hold to support.

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

I'm seeing APs down in China, Belgium, Dubai, Luxembourg and Netherlands. Only a few in Dubai though.

nealgs
Building a reputation

Aaaaaarrrgh! what's going on - just had dashboard alerts my entire network estate has gone offline

Obviously not the case - so assume Dashboard issue - saying everyone not contactable for 25 mins

n173 - no idea where dashboard is - would assume UK, but could be anywhere it's in the cloud 😄

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard is up on my iPhone browser, and in Chrome Incognito? 

Denmark. 

Everything is still switching - seems like a dashboard outage.

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
nealgs
Building a reputation

update on my side

UK sites all showing as down on map

France - 1 of 2 down

Germany - ok

Denmark - 1 of 2 down

Spain - ok

SteveBIE
Conversationalist

Back up now. (n311)

SteveBIE
Conversationalist

All disconnected kit reports (switches only) have now been "reversed" (unable to very on-site situation during the outage period, but it seems they stayed fully functional).

Firewalls and WiFi kit (multiple locations) never reported or demonstrated any loss of connectivity. 

IanMcC
New here

Same here, also UK based and uk/eu hosted. Everything is up and running although no connection to our dashboard (n39) and incoming alert emails are telling us we're dead in the water. Which obviously we are not.

RCaldicott
Getting noticed

Our networks appear to currently be online (called all sites), but I'm getting Offline notifications from Security Appliances and Switches. Cannot access dashboard. All UK based

I can access Dashboard when in Chrome Incognito mode.

works on the mobile app but not in Chrome incognito mode for me. Although the phone app is also telling me that everything is offline as the devices themselves cant access the dashboard to upload their status.

PaulKessels
Conversationalist

Here also problems, i'm located in the netherlands.

The portal sites start with N172 and N60

It looks like my sites that have dashboards based in North America are OK but if the dashboard is UK or Europe, its failed with some sites losing everything and others nothing - odd

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

My MSP portal will not even load to get to a map !!!!

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
mteverest
Conversationalist

Yup same here using n199. Not sure what that actually means. Does anyone have a link to the region map with these dashboard identifiers?

Based in Nottinghamshire, London and Wales. All showing as down.

Users onsite confirm data still passing as expected via wireless networks.

Same here. n248. UK. Email saying 12 of our devices down. Can't get onto the dashboard

Correction - I can log in, and get to MSP portal, but no Orgs in Chrome Incognito.

My iPhone safari works, though. Also orgs.

Hey Everyone!

Thank you for being vocal about the issue. We are actively looking into the problem; More info to come shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Rodrigo

Meraki Support

Seems dashboard is back online again?

Devices coming back online.

Still issues.

Yes, and I've just received all the emails to say kit is now back up

nealgs
Building a reputation

looks to be all green again now 👍

Ok, what did someone do - own up 🙂

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Maybe they were doing an update to deploy IPv6 .... ? 😀

So it was not my fault 😅

Everyone's thought right now 🤣

I think mine has just started working again

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
Johann
Getting noticed

Yip down for us too (Ireland)

esahuquillo2
New here

Down here too, based in UK

JS65_ARM
Conversationalist

Not able to access appliances from meraki cloud. Internet connections working ok.

n176 located in Portugal.

Calpekid
New here

Same here alerts for all kit however it seems the kit is still working. Except the AP's that use Meraki Accounts to log into

Fictivity
Conversationalist

Same here, the Netherlands.

Can access the dashboard but getting flooded with messages of switches, ap's connecting and disconnecting.

Johann
Getting noticed

Our dashboard has just come back online for web & mobile (Ireland)

JordanTT
Comes here often

All back now

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Guys,

Just spoken to Meraki support and there was a BGP issue with BT in the UK and this caused much of the traffic to fail (and I guess route incorrectly) it has been treated as a MI and I am sure we will get more information on what actually happened in due course.

Dies someone want to close this thread otherwise it will gon on and on and on and on 

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

Thanks for the update. 

All of my networks are now back online and the dash is accessible.

That certainly explains the outage for UK-based services, thank you for finding out and sharing. Would this affect users in Europe though? I guess if the servers are based in the UK for numerous European countries that could explain that too. 

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

@WillN BT is a trier 1 service provider so they peer in all the EU peering locations and therefore if they have a BGP issue it will, in theory, impact on all their traffic in the EU and potentially globally.

So I would guess that Cisco peer with BT in Europe so any Cisco traffic that is routed via the BT or inside BT's AS number is likely to be affected.

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to confirm what Gary has posted as the solution on this thread.

If anyone has any lingering issues, please check in with your ISPs and/or reach out to Meraki Support.

If anyone has any specific questions for myself please don't hesitate to send me a DM.

Rodrigo

Meraki Support 

IanMcC
New here

and weve all come back up now... That was a fun half hour

TheKing
New here

I can't access Dashboard in total, it looks like they are having performance issues....

Parts working

Denmark

PaulKessels
Conversationalist

All ok now , i can access the dashboard again.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.