Learn more about your community peers in our Member Spotlight!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

meraki-communities_spring-cleaning_2019 (1).png

It’s time for our January Member spotlight!

For this Member Spotlight, we chose to recognize @rwiesmann. Since joining way back at the birth of the community in 2017, he's written 141 posts, received 153 kudos, and authored 8 solutions. We've really appreciated @rwiesmann's contributions across many of our boards and his consistently positive and encouraging manner!

Congratulations!

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 6.00.38 PM.png

Tell us a little bit about your background.

I started working in IT back in 1998 coming from an electrical company. This was for me really a fascinating time when I started in IT as everything was new and also some kind of  "gold rush" was in this business. During this time I also went through all the Cisco certification and became kind of a Cisco kid!  My main topics at that time has been routing and switching and I switched later also to the Cisco UC Team. In 08/09 I came back to routing and switching to lead technically the projects of euro08 and the ice hockey world championship in Switzerland. In 2014 I moved into a technical manager role, which I still work in, and let's say it's quite different constellation as in 2014. In this role I was one of the strong voices in my company to bring Meraki into our portfolio…and still working on it.

Personally I live with my family in Bern, Switzerland. In my free time everything around sports goes but the main hobbies are ice hockey, ice downhill, biking, skiing, jogging and swimming in the river around Bern (Aare), even in the wintertime :). I am also not averse to enjoying a good beer like the ones from BFM.

What keeps bringing you back to the community?

I like the people and their interesting questions and comments. Also some threads helped me in my work life and I try to give back and share, if possible, also my experience. Besides that, this community is great in terms of structure, clarity and the handling between each other.

Is there any particular Meraki product / feature that you’re particularly fond of or couldn’t live without?

Kind of most of them. I especially like the simplicity and the integration of several products in one dashboard. This gives me an End to End and holistic view into the network. Besides that, the easy onboarding of new devices…where else do you have that with Cisco?

What are you looking forward to in the world of IT in 2021?

In terms of Meraki hopefully we will see some interesting new products…like in the sensor and IoT area I could see some products which would expand my Meraki world.

In terms of IT in general, I think this Covid Situation will bring us ahead in digitalization (I see this for Switzerland). Companies realize that today they have a lot of manual interfaces and interruptions in their IT solutions which is not End to end and aligned to their processes. I think here the affinity of our customers will grow and lead us as the IT partner to provide more holistic solutions.

Thanks, @rwiesmannWant to nominate one of your fellow community members for next month's spotlight? Submit your nomination here!

4 Comments
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Congrats and well deserved @rwiesmann 

You joined the IT world just in time for the year 2000 mayhem.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

Great choice for a member spotlight. Every time I‘m reading @rwiesmanns posts, they‘re always helpful. Really glad to have you on board!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

Nice one @rwiesmann 

If you guys missed it checkout his Kudo to post ratio!

rwiesmann
A model citizen

@DarrenOC@CptnCrnch and @BlakeRichardson ... Thank you for all the nice and good feedback...still trying to clean up the 2000 mayhem 🤣

And also thanks to @MeredithW to be in the spotlight! 🙏