[CONTEST CLOSED] The Points Contest is BACK!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

points-contest_email.png

UPDATE: This contest has ended! Stay tuned for our announcement of the winners!

I’m thrilled to announce we're launching our second ever Points Contest! We had so much fun with April’s Points Contest, that we had to run another. This time around the rules are the same, but the swag is ALL NEW.

How it works

Starting today, certain actions you take in the community will earn you points. Those points will enter you to win a smattering of rad prizes. You needn’t opt in — simply taking one of these point-earning actions will do:

• Reply to any topic or blog post — 5 points
  • Start a topic (e.g. ask a question, pose a discussion point) — 5 points

To optimize the bang for your buck, writing high-quality posts can earn you even more points:

• Receive a kudo — 7 points
  • Write an answer that gets marked as a solution — 10 points

As you can see, the more helpful your action to the community, the more points you receive!

There are 3 tiers that you can reach based on the number of points you amass. Within each tier, at the end of the month, we’ll randomly select winners to receive swag as outlined below:

• Tier 1 requires 30 points and will have 50 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a cloud stress reliever and a webcam cover

Cloud Stress RelieverCloud Stress Reliever .                    Webcam CoverWebcam Cover
  • Tier 2 requires 100 points and will have 25 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a cloud stress reliever, a webcam cover, and a pair of coveted Meraki argyle socks

Cloud Stress RelieverCloud Stress Reliever    Webcam CoverWebcam Cover      Meraki Argyle SocksMeraki Argyle Socks

• Tier 3 requires 200 points and will have 10 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a cloud stress reliever, a webcam cover, socks, AND this sleek set of Meraki product pins

Cloud Stress RelieverCloud Stress Reliever .                    Webcam CoverWebcam Cover

Meraki Argyle SocksMeraki Argyle Socks                                                 Meraki Product PinsMeraki Product Pins

AND, just like last round, everyone who earns enough points to achieve any tier will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE of a brand new MV12 WE (with 5-year license)! Reaching Tier 1 gets you 1 entry, Tier 2 doubles your entries and… (guess what!?) Tier 3 triples your entries to win!

That means that, over the course of this month, you could write just 6 replies or author just 3 solutions anywhere in the community and be entered to win one of these:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 4.36.31 PM.png

How will I know how I’m doing?

To keep you all up to date on your progress, every Friday I’ll post a list of everyone who has reached Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.

When are the winners chosen?

On July 31st at 10 am PDT, the contest will end. We’ll then randomly select winners for each tier (50 for Tier 1, 25 for Tier 2, and 10 for Tier 3) and we’ll also draw the lucky winner of the GRAND PRIZE.

We’ll announce each of the winners here, so be sure to stay tuned!

More details:

• Promotion period: Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019 at 10am PDT through Wednesday, July 31st, 2019 at 9:59am PDT
  • Up to three possible entries per community member: Each time you progress a tier, your entry remains in the tier below as well (meaning more chances to win stuff!). If you are randomly selected to win in two or three separate tiers, you’ll receive only the prize from the highest level tier. If you are selected to receive the Grand Prize, this will be in addition to any tier-level prizes
  • Shipping limitations: We can only ship prizes to residents of these Eligible Countries
  • Complete rules and eligibility can be found here
106 Comments
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Nice! Another Points Contest.

JhonattanHR
Conversationalist

Buen dia

Estos concursos que motivan a los integrantes hacer mas participativos que buen proveedor CIsco

TMRoberts
Getting noticed

Oh this is a super nice contest!

conway
Conversationalist

This will be my first one. The contests grand prize is a great deal.

AStoddard
Getting noticed

If I win the MV, can I trade it for a few extra pairs of socks? They are super comfy!

Hawk
Comes here often

Woo-Hoo

Bee
Just browsing

First time here!

Brent_Warren
Comes here often

Great incentive!!

Good luck all!

NHBrit
Conversationalist

The camera is a nice prize - watch out kids !

KevinFry
Conversationalist

Great contest! Can't wait to follow its progress.

Hak7
Here to help

Hi Meredith,

thanks for this Contest.

it is great that you create this kind of contest.

it is like a social network and a knowledge base.

I am glad taking part of this community.

Keep this up and we will be together successful.

Best Regards 

ham737
Here to help

some sweet swag goin on! Thanks! 

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I just kudoed every post in this thread. EVERYONE GETS 7 POINTS!!!

KaylaEik
Here to help

Love these contests!!!! 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

Yeah some new socks would be nice, I am missing one so cant wear them Smiley Sad

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

SEND IT! (Swag that is)

DKrigner
Comes here often

You would think that someone spending a million a year on Meraki would just get offered swag and incentives but My company seems to be working out all the horrible issues with tech support.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

@DKrigner If you have a Cisco/Meraki partner servicing your account properly then you should be getting swag and incentives.

ham737
Here to help

@SoCalRacer  what!!!! no way man! We just bought 12 switches, and no swag from our vendor :'(

DKrigner
Comes here often

@SoCalRacer THis is just one of the orders last week. It's not up to the partner! I am working with Bill Wheland directly and he can't even do it. Last week I ordered 24 AP's and 20 Cameras. indoor and outdoor

order 1.PNG

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

@ham737 Then bring your next order to me and I will get you some swag.

nuo
Getting noticed

Contest Time!!!!!!!!!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Israel206
Conversationalist

I need one of those cameras Smiley Very Happy

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
njmorison
Here to help

It would be great to win the camera!

Miguel1
Here to help

Excelente, un nuevo concurso, esperemos sea muy emocionante como el  anterior y ahora si poder ganar la cámara.

ChristianCortes
Comes here often

@hosokawaw 

Para la inquietud que tienes, podrías ser mas especifico,con respecto al switch de interconexión.

njmorison
Here to help

Will Meraki devices be supported through DNA centre and when?

njmorison
Here to help

How do you get interface statistics from the Meraki dashboard? Trying to do a bit of troubleshooting and can only seem to do a packet trace, pick or trace route test, and don't seem to be able to get deeper level statistics like I would be able to in IOS.

Thanks

njmorison
Here to help

What sizes do the socks come in, or one size fits all? 🙂

njmorison
Here to help

Isn't the Meraki ecosystem designed to relieve the stress 🙂

Phill_Northwood
Here to help

Cool! can the MV stream to a NVR as well as write to its intenal flash ?

James_Allen
Conversationalist

1st time here

Maazg
New here

competition is always nice 

MichaelDHCS
New here

Love the points contest. The socks are mine!

SISMAX
Comes here often

let's go!

Kevin_Cookson
Conversationalist

I love this community. 

Timo3
Here to help

Nice Socks! Smiley Tongue

meraki_socks.jpg

MrDJ
Comes here often

Nice contest; i want to win the socks; my wife's going to hate me Smiley LOL

Bea
Conversationalist

Good idea....as usual!

joel101
Just browsing
The pairs of Sock are mine.
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Nice contest ones again! Go for it!

Carnialman
Here to help

meme_x500_j4f7y62jbp.jpg

Ernestas
Comes here often

Pair of sock - best prize! It would be amazing that all Merakiers get it for Xmas :))

JLDarbonnel
Conversationalist

Hi !

Really excited by this contest!

mattia
Getting noticed

Hi! fantastic contest!

Meghan
Just browsing

Heart

jari_aherma
Just browsing

My old Meraki socks do have holes due to excessive Branding for Meraki 🙂 So pls help me out with new ones that I can keep beeing your visual ambassador Smiley Happy

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
SLR
Building a reputation

this is the best part about belonging to this community. do you know what would even make it cooler? daily blogs , trivia questions, challenges, and points for discussions. Kinda similar to how Cisco's The Gateway Community is like except for Meraki users 🙂

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'll give all of you kudos to get you started!

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Wahey!! 

Another great points contest. Whoop!!

@BrechtSchamp Thats the spirit but you can't be left out!

Miguel1
Here to help

Excelente

cwal21
Getting noticed

The Meraki community is a great one. Keeping things interesting with prizes is always a plus!

Mauricio04
Comes here often

Creo que de estas dinámicas se pueden sacar muchas dudas 🙂

nikiwaibel
Getting noticed
thank you, but pls don't forget to focus on IPv6!
kami
Here to help

Great to see this announcement. 🙂

I was thinking to get answer a few open questions.

Cheers.

jcreekbaum
Comes here often

Thanks, nice...

randahlem
Just browsing

Loving it. A good way of creating interaction and build a strong community!

timeshimanshu
Getting noticed

Another one. Yippie Smiley Very Happy

strat
Here to help

The webcam cover is a pretty cool little (useful) advertisement! Nice.

Wazz
Here to help

How does the webcam cover work exactly? (I realise it covers the webcam) but is it sticky or suction based?

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal
hosokawaw
Here to help

Nice nice!! I hope that luck to win.Smiley Very Happy

njmorison
Here to help

What is on the future roadmap for Meraki?

njmorison
Here to help

How do you reply to other peoples comments? All I can do is give Kudos to other peoples posts

njmorison
Here to help

I only seem to be able to kudo others peoples posts and not comment. 

njmorison
Here to help

Origin and Meanings of Meraki:

• A user from Germany says the name Meraki is of Unknown origin and means "Doing something with you whole heart abd passion".
  • According to a user from Texas, United States, the name Meraki is of Greek origin and means "Leaving a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work."
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@njmorison first time on a forum eh?

njmorison
Here to help

What are major differences in the overall in SD-WAN functionality between Cisco (Viptela) SD-WAN and Meraki SD-WAN? I am aware the overall architectures are quite different but from an end user perspective how different are they in terms of capabilities. Thanks

Lubandw1
Here to help

Great contest.  Have to wonder though with all the advantages of the Meraki firewall and access points and now the camera and switching line, how long will it take for Meraki to overcome and take all the typical cisco customer away from the standard access point and controllers as the Meraki products are so superior In capabilities, eventually IT managers are going to have to question why we'd deploy a lesser capable product when we could be using Meraki products that really are the next generation of LAN technology.  We don't use MSdos now that windows offers so much more so how long will it take before everyone stops ordering the less capable AP and want only Meraki products.  Suspect we'll see this begin to escalate over the next year.  Once the security folks realize all the advanced capabilities of the Meraki camera line their customers will force them to migrate away from the older technology as there's so much more security that can be provided with these new features they'll realize they need to move forward. 

Wazz
Here to help

Thanks @BrechtSchamp ! I like!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lubandw1 and @njmorison ! Thanks for your comments, we're glad to have you:) If you want to get technical answers to your questions, I recommend posting them over in the forums.

Davidguzman
Just browsing

Como siempre meraki siendo el mejor, que buena solución wireless tienen.

GeorgeFrendl
Getting noticed

Every comment counts, doesn't it?

njmorison
Here to help

@GeorgeFrendl yes I believe so 🙂

GeorgeFrendl
Getting noticed

@njmorison That is just awesome! 🙂

njmorison
Here to help
Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

Looks like it's time to start posting 🙂

njmorison
Here to help

@MeredithW ok thanks for letting me know.

MerakiNorway
Here to help

All in!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

I know the points contest is well under way but an update on my socks I found the missing one so if I am lucky enough to win a pair of socks I will donate them to someone else. 

Good luck everyone!

jamking
Comes here often

Finally, finally, finally, I get to use my Webcam Cover that all can see me wearing my Argyle Socks rocking to the beat of the Cloud Stress Reliever while playing with my Product Pins all through the eyes of MV12 WE as she embrace MR32 in a wave of 802.11ac connected in oneness of MS220-8P as he reached out and touch MX64 while Z3 smiles from the sideline, as data flows to the cloud.

Asamoah
Comes here often

This is great!!!

Heath
Conversationalist

Sooo ready to start testing with Camera APIs!!

danilolimma
New here

This is great!

Kevin1
Here to help

Oh Man ! been so busy With Cisco YE, I almost missed this one. Thanks for reminder Meredith.

We have had a very successful Summer this year, spreading the Meraki footprint in Canada. Our Meraki 360 training's have been running to full houses, partners are hungry for more. Hey Meredith, looking for swag to hand out to our customers attending these sessions, any idea who I should be contacting?Meraki360 Training TD-JUN 2019.jpg

brad1
Here to help

I have never won a contest so this would be great!

MrKonstantinosP
New here

I got my Meraki CMNA T-shirt a couple of years ago.

Now i am about 33 kilos less so it is huge.

May i have a smaller one?

I can give it to someone if i get enough Kudos.

DW
Conversationalist

Great idea to build the community knowledge! Meraki for all!

veronica
Comes here often

Un buen incentivo para seguir aprendiendo y para convivir 

Mickey
Comes here often

I'm in

LetsCo
Comes here often

Let’s Go 

Chrstphtt
Conversationalist

Awesome!

pawelk
Just browsing

My first post on the Meraki community 🙂

Welcome everyone!

DanielCavanagh
Here to help

Ahhhh only just seen this comp, i'm in...

Timvsteenwinkel
Comes here often

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Great motivation to share knowledge @MeredithW Smiley Very Happy!

Azzarri
Conversationalist

Socks seems cool

Stanslas
Here to help

It is awesome that there is Cisco Meraki Cameras, as an installer i will give a try. And i suggest you should be making cameras that can be a beam, alarm and can send sms/snapshot/email as an alert in real time.