3rd Party Wall Mount kit for Access Points

jbright
A model citizen

3rd Party Wall Mount kit for Access Points

I always cringe when I see indoor Access Points installed vertically on walls. Yes, I know this is supported on some models, but I always try to mount them horizontally. Sometimes the ceiling is too high or consists of a material like metal or cement that you can't install the AP to and you have to mount the AP on the wall. Here's a wall mount kit from Ventev that I have been using to install APs on a wall.

Image 1.jpg

The holes on the AP mounting bracket for the new indoor CW916X APs and traditional Cisco APs doesn't line up with the holes on the wall mount kit, so I had to drill a couple of holes in the AP bracket to get it connected correctly. Easily done.

Image 2.jpg

The wall mount kit can mount directly to a wall or to an outlet box already installed in a wall.

Image 3.jpg

This model has a cover that flips up so you can access the inside of the kit to mount it to the wall.

Image 5.jpg

I only use this kit on wood or sheet rock walls. You should not mount this on a metal wall as too much of the wireless signal will likely be reflected back quickly to the AP.

Image 6.jpg

The installed kit and AP look very professional in my opinion.

Image 7.jpg

8 Replies 8
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looks great and thanks for sharing. I personally don't have much of an issue mounting vertically if I need to, most vendors have spent more than enough money to research their RF patterns and in my opinion wouldn't be suggesting wall mount as an option if it wasn't going to work well.

After all it's their reputation on the line.

just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. If you don't do your predictive modeling or  APoS validation with the APs wall mounted you are begging for trouble and you will get burned. Ass-hattery and install shenanigans are directly proportionate to how much attention one pays to the details when mounting APs in accordance with a proper predictive model that has been validated and via post install validations.

TBHPTL
A model citizen

You don't have to drill holes to use that mount....  use the  adjustable t-grid clip and install it on the center rail/rib  of the ventev bracket that's how ventev designed and what that rib is actually for.

TBHPTL_0-1699584049793.png

TBHPTL_1-1699584049686.png

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yep, fully agree. Wall mounted APs give me the shivers.

Can’t remember where we sourced these from but they did the job.

IMG_5254.png

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

That looks a lot like a ventev right angle bracket

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could very well be. I do remember searching forever to get some stock 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you post a link to the product?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels