stack configuration MS- 410 Multiple LAN IPs?

Solved
daveintrepid
Comes here often

stack configuration MS- 410 Multiple LAN IPs?

Hello,

Do i need to apply a static IP to all switches on a MS - 410 Stack? On each switch it gives me an error of "bad IP config" if i use a different or the same IP and subnet for all switches in the stack. basically the only way i can get them to talk is to have one switch with a static IP and the other two with DHCP IPs.. I only want to use one Static LAN IP for the stack.

Thanks,

Dave

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you have the management IP addresses - and yes, each switch needs one of these.  They are usually assigned via DHCP.  The management IP address is only used for talking to the Meraki cloud.

Then you have layer 3 VLAN interface IP addresses - and in a stack, you configure the IP address for the stack, and not individually on each switch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi Dave

Welcome to the forums, have you looked at the below knowledge base article as there are mulitple ways of implementing stacking.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Stacking/Switch_Stacks

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you have the management IP addresses - and yes, each switch needs one of these.  They are usually assigned via DHCP.  The management IP address is only used for talking to the Meraki cloud.

Then you have layer 3 VLAN interface IP addresses - and in a stack, you configure the IP address for the stack, and not individually on each switch.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels