MS-350 Stack

Solved
mgibson
Conversationalist

MS-350 Stack

I am trying to setup a stack using MS-350 switches. I have followed the instructions and have other stacks working. Though for some reason only the main switch will connect, the others show offline. I have tried a 3 stack setup and just switched to a 2 stack setup to see if it would work. I am using the MA-CBL-40G-50CM-GT stack cables. I am leaning to the stack cables are the issue as I have tried 8 different cables and 6 different switches with the same results. Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution
mgibson
Conversationalist

Sorry for the late reply. The solution was to replace the stack cables that we were using. Replaced them out and everything came online as it should.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes it takes a while for it to appear as online on the dashboard, so do the configuration and wait to see if it goes back to normal.

Sometimes it can take a few hours.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I will try that out and see if they show up.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

THis is a guide on stacking:
https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Stacking/Switch_Stacks#Configuring_a_Physical_Switch_Stack 

Some tips:

• Before forming the stack, allow all switches to upgrade to the same firmware level.
  • If you are still not having any luck, factory reset all the switches in the stack.  Give me a 30 minutes to recover.
  • If they are still not coming online, try connecting the switches together via Ethernet cables until the stack shows as formed (not normally needed, but sometimes helps just in the beginning).
  • If still not working, check the local status page of one of the non working switches and see what reason it reports.
mgibson
Conversationalist

Sorry for the late reply. The solution was to replace the stack cables that we were using. Replaced them out and everything came online as it should.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels