Where is mac address from

Merakibgp
Getting noticed

Where is mac address from

Hi Where do we see mac address of each switch port? in cisco, we use command like show interface g1/1 etc. 

Second is, when i click at Switch at left column on dashboard, i got the info attached below.  question is where is mac address from? Thank you

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

This is the MAC of the switch itself, if you meant this (?)

I believe you can´t see each mac of each port.

maybe it is mac address of port which is uplink port

i guess each port has its own mac address, but we cannot see it with normal way. 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I know if you go into the switch in the Tools Tab you have the MAC forwarding table but I've never seen the MAC of an actual switchport.

Enthusiast

we can select and decide one of the several switches as root, but after that, can we select one of the downside switch as designated switch? for example, two switch are connected to the root, i want to select second one as designated switch. if we do not know mac address of port, it would be a little hard to do that. 

Just alter the bridge priority to control this. Only if they're identical on all switches, the MAC addresses will be used:

If all switches in a single spanning tree have the same bridge priority, the switch with the lowest MAC address will become the root bridge.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Determining_the_RSTP%2F%2F%2F%2FSTP_...

@Marc is right, you can't see the inidividual MAC address of each port.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Yes it´s the switches address.

On Meraki switches you can´t see the MAC-addresses of the ports.

On "Cisco classic" switches you can see it by using this command: sh inter {interface name}

regards
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels