MS425 switches no longer visible in Dashboard

akan33
Building a reputation

MS425 switches no longer visible in Dashboard

Hi all,

I have logged a case but just to see whether this also happened to more people or not. I have a couple of 425 switches stacked acting as distribution, they have been there for several months working ok and just today I noticed that they are no longer appearing in the Dashboard (they were there just a few days ago), neither in the Stack tab nor the switches tab. Data plane is working fine though, but obviously no control over them anymore. No changes have been made recently. 

update: in the Organization - Summary report  they still appear! but I don't know how to recover them in the rest of tabs :S

12 REPLIES 12
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

no problem here. you can look in the organization-> inventory if they are still in your network. 

akan33
Building a reputation

Yes they are in the inventory, and in the correct network. So I have no way to claim them again.

Are you saying that they have disappeared from the network or the network they were apart of has been deleted? If you go to organization>change log, do you see any events which may have caused this? 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
akan33
Building a reputation

No logs regarding these switches, that was the first thing I did, but I am usually the only one touching this network. So they are in the inventory, they are 'used', and part of my network, but they are not in the switches tab anymore. 

No idea then sorry. I assume you've opened a support case? Keep us updated I'd be really keen to understand what's gone on.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

I can see my switches.

But I cant see my accesspoints now.

akan33
Building a reputation

this sounds like they could have messed some things up? I am trying to call them but the system voice quality is really bad.

akan33
Building a reputation

Confirmed. Known issue according to Meraki support, they are investigating now. 

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@akan33 keep us posted on what they say. I haven't observed the issue in my dashboard but I'd have a lot of networks to look through. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
redsector
Head in the Cloud

I can see my devices again now.

akan33
Building a reputation

me too. I have asked for the root cause. Bit scary 🙂 

I'd like to hear what the root cause was, did you get an incident summary at all?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels