I replaced a stacked cisco 2960 switches with a stacked MS250 switch in production. DHCP server configured correctly for a VLAN and all access ports were tagged with the VLAN. About 80% of the current clients got IP addresses from the expected VLAN and the other 20% could not. I still have 184 free usable IPs in the subnet so I don't think this is an exhaustion issue.
I captured packets on a port and could only see DHCP discover messages from the user PC with no Offer from the Switch. I power cycled one of the port, forced the PC to renew but to no success.
Before rebooting becomes my last resort, is there anything I am missing😊?
Your response would be appreciated.
FYI: For now I have statically assign IP address for those troubled clients so they don't keep yelling. Thank God they were only few.