MS250 not responding to DHCP requests

Abn
Conversationalist

MS250 not responding to DHCP requests

I replaced a stacked cisco 2960 switches with a stacked MS250 switch in production. DHCP server configured correctly for a VLAN and all access ports were tagged with the VLAN. About 80% of the current clients got IP addresses from the expected VLAN and the other 20% could not. I still have 184 free usable IPs in the subnet so I don't think this is an exhaustion issue.

I captured packets on a port and could only see DHCP discover messages from the user PC with no Offer from the Switch.  I power cycled one of the port, forced the PC to renew but to no success. 

Before rebooting becomes my last resort, is there anything I am missing😊?

Your response would be appreciated.

FYI: For now I have statically assign IP address for those troubled clients so they don't keep yelling. Thank God they were only few.

4 REPLIES 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Abn : Can you check this thread if it helps

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/DHCP-failures/td-p/91539

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your Stack setup correctly?  Are you able to pinpoint where the affected users are connected?  Are they spread across the stack or confined to a single switch?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Abn
Conversationalist

Stack is set up correctly. Affected clients are spread across.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you also verify the dhcp/bootp packets from a capture on the client itself. (In dont trust meraki switch packet captures)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels